• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation idea after Albacete

peregrina2000

Staff member
I just got a PM from a pilgrim who found accommodation after Albacete that I haven't seen mentioned on the forum. This would be a good way to lengthen the stage from Chinchilla, and then make it easier to walk into La Roda the next day (and skipping La Gineta and its not too reliable and sometimes not very hospitable albergue). The place he found is about 10 km beyond Albacete, in a place called Urbanizacion el Trigal. Two places to sleep, restaurants, and even a Burger King!

Here is how he did it:
I left Albacete on the left hand side of the motorway and it is waymarked to within 500m of the motels. The following morning I just walked on towards La Gineta, took the first left after 50m, then right and was back on route again. It probably added 10 mins onto my journey. I'd no complaints there and ate and slept well. I paid 24€ for a really good room.

Anyway, I've noticed there are a few people about to head up that way and it would give them options. Leave Chinchilla early, spend the day in Albacete, see the sights, then saunter on in the evening to Urb el Trigal and cut the next day down to 30k . You also pass a big Mercadona too which is right at the city edge and can stock up.

As someone who arrived in La Gineta from Chinchilla only to find there was no way to get into the albergue, this would be tempting! Buen camino, Laurie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for this but what DID I miss in Albacete... I did not realise there were any sights...

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Thanks for this but what DID I miss in Albacete... I did not realise there were any sights...

Hi, filly,
Well, there is a cathedral. It spans gothic, barroque and beyond. Albacete is also the knife capital of Spain, so if you were there during business hours you could have had your pick of thousands of the best knives Spain has to offer. I did have an outstanding cafe con leche and tostada in a nice little café along a promenade. But it isn't really chock full of things to see.

p.s. Just checked tripadvisor to see if there were more sights. Turns out there is a knife museum, a victorian arcade, and a regional museum. So if you were going to spend the night there you would have some things to see!

I am there Just now, hostal los Gabrielles. Small but very clean and moderm room for 25€ now.
Cafetería and restaurant in the hostal.
On the other side of the highway hostal Seis Hermanos and the Burguer King.
Good option.
By the way, I refresh some yellow arrows and add some while I was coming here, specialy in points indicated by @pilgr and other

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back