• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Arres, Camino Aragones

• Thread starter Former member 31048
  • Start date
F

Former member 31048

Hi. We walked the Aragones in 2016 and stayed in the albergue in Arres. Lovely hospitaleros and communal dinner but a small crowded dorm and I didn’t sleep a wink

We’ll be walking this lovely path again in September and this time would like to stay at the small bar / hotel. El Granero del Conde. I found a website link but it leads to an error page. Does anyone know if the El Granero is still operating? And have an email address?

I’ve also sent an email to the Jaca camino association but no reply so far.

Any help appreciated. Thank you

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi. We walked the Aragones in 2016 and stayed in the albergue in Arres. Lovely hospitaleros and communal dinner but a small crowded dorm and I didn’t sleep a wink

We’ll be walking this lovely path again in September and this time would like to stay at the small bar / hotel. El Granero del Conde. I found a website link but it leads to an error page. Does anyone know if the El Granero is still operating? And have an email address?

I’ve also sent an email to the Jaca camino association but no reply so far.

Any help appreciated. Thank you
I walked the Camino Aragones last year at the end of may, I also stayed in Arres, and I agree with you. The El Granero del Conde was not open. Buen Camino 🍀

For my trouble, trying to find it for you, I got a message with news that my computer is full of viruses, so sorry, that is the end of that!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
For my trouble, trying to find it for you, I got a message with news that my computer is full of viruses, so sorry, that is the end of that!
Thank you for your trouble. I’m sorry your computer is full of viruses!

That’s really sad to hear. If the posada is closed I guess the bar is too.

I learned when I stayed in the Arres albergue that the Aragonés government was giving houses away for a euro. All you had to promise was to restore it in an historically accurate way and to live there. It seemed to be working because there were quite a few really pretty restored stone homes. I hope this doesn’t signal that the effort failed.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
That’s really sad to hear. If the posada is closed I guess the bar is too.

I learned when I stayed in the Arres albergue that the Aragonés government was giving houses away for a euro. All you had to promise was to restore it in an historically accurate way and to live there. It seemed to be working because there were quite a few really pretty restored stone homes. I hope this doesn’t signal that the effort failed.
Oh that would be a shame. We had a drink in the bar before the communal dinner and they made us great boccadillos for the next day.

We walked aragones way following on from the Arles Way and absolutely loved it. This time I’m walking with a friend who, like me, struggles to sleep in the dorm rooms, especially with little space between beds.

We are putting together a sort of ‘best of’ caminos and planned to start in Jaca, walk to Obanos and then to Estella on the Frances and then head north for a week on the Norte from Hondarribia to Bilbao and then bus to Villaviciosa to walk the Primitivo. I’ve walked all of these routes and happy to walk again. My friend has walked the Frances twice and keen for a change, but in Spain.

Would be interested if you have any alternative ideas for that first week. Thank you

PS I think I've solved this issue. Now looking to start in Canfranc (train from Barcelona) - First day will be Canfranc to Jaca - don't know why I didn't think of it before - it was a beautiful walk. . And second day from Jaca will be a shorter one, staying overnight in Puenta la Reina de Jaca (3.5 kms before Arres) at Hotel Anaya. Makes the third day to Ruesta a bit longer but that's fine. So that's an option for anyone walking from Jaca and looking for private accommodation.

Thank you for your trouble. I’m sorry your computer is full of viruses!
Ah! I don’t believe everything that pops up on my screen! It was just another malware fixer trying to catch an unsuspecting innocent. My faith in my Mac has yet to be found at risk. I just get out of those dodgy pages, and the ones that offer me the moon, faster than a bat out of hell... very glad to see you have worked out your plan. Buen camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
In April of 2018, the bar in Arres was open but we were told that staying there is only as an overflow when the albuergue is full (which I am guessing is never). Loved Arres but I get that it’s not for everyone. Artieda is also an option for an albuergue.

In April of 2018, the bar in Arres was open but we were told that staying there is only as an overflow when the albuergue is full (which I am guessing is never). Loved Arres but I get that it’s not for everyone. Artieda is also an option for an albuergue.
Thanks VacaJoe That's interesting, I loved the spirit of the albergue in Arres - but sleep wise was my worst night in 900 kms from Arles, so keen not to repeat that!

We stayed in Artieda last year. Had an excellent meal and the accommodation was good.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks Sharon. We will most likely walk on to Ruesta but ... it’s good to know that Artieda is a good alternative. I remember stopping there along the way. I’m looking forward to walking on the Aragones Way again.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ah yes, we didn’t stay overnight in Lescar in our Arles Way In 2016 If you are starting there on the 4th I think you may be well past us by the time we begin in Canfranc-estacion on the 13th. The Aragones is a beautiful path. Bon chemin. Buen Camino.

Ah yes, we didn’t stay overnight in Lescar in our Arles Way In 2016 If you are starting there on the 4th I think you may be well past us by the time we begin in Canfranc-estacion on the 13th. The Aragones is a beautiful path. Bon chemin. Buen Camino.
You do not know how slow I walk! Buen Camino to you. I hope that we both have good weather!

I am coming in late here to ask a different question -- can I get from the Camino Aragones to the Camino Ignaciano? I really want to focus on female-centered spirituality, so Marian churches (Monserrat is one end-point) and figured that the Ignaciano would be a good way to get me there (and I like that the Jesuits have put in some time to make this way), but the Aragones looks so beautiful.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Technically, you can get from any Camino to any other Camino by bus, train, or simply walking! If you are asking if the Ignatian and Aragones paths cross, though, then the answer is no. For the most part, the former heads from north to south while the latter from east to west, with the Aragones ending at Puente Le Reina.

Paths DO connect the two, but it’s nit a logical progression if your intent is to walk from Loyola to Manressa.

Most read last week in this forum

We are walking next September from Jaca to Santa Cilia and Sanguesa to Abinzado where according to Gronze there are several extended parts of 10-15km without services and would like to hear...
I'm walking the Aragones in April, probably starting in Somport. I'm trying to get an idea of the public transport I'll need. BTW, thanks to everyone for all the info in previous posts. I've...
An article yesterday about plans by the Government of Aragon to promote the Caminos which pass through the region. Better publicity for their albergues, improved signposting and the creation of a...
I've been working on stages from Oloron-Sainte-Marie, and have come up with this plan. I'm hoping that those experienced with this route can chime in on whether these stages sound reasonable, or...
Are there any rucksack services along the Aragones? I am walking the Frances with my daughter starting in Pamplona. I have six extra days before she arrives and I thought I spend them walking from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back