• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Azpeitia

eli

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances from St JPdP 2004
Camino Frances from Burgos 2010
Camino Via de la Plata from Merida 2011
Camino Portuguese from Lisbon (2014)
European Peace Walk (2016)
Way of St Francis - Florence to Rome (2016)
Arrived in Azpeitia last night and am enjoying a couple of days in this beautiful town before starting the way on Monday. For any pilgrims wondering where to stay in Azpeitia, I highly recommend the sisters at Jesus Maria. Their tarifff is 16 euro for bed, 19 eur bed and breakfast ((between 7.30 and 9), 26 euro for bed, breakfast and dinner, and 33 eur full board. Lunch is at 1.30, dinner at 8.30 pm. The basilica is a couple of hundred meters away, where you pick up the credential and start out. At the basilica they also have a neat little pamphlet outlining the route for the first 7 stages. Not sure how accommodation will go for the rest of this way, particularly through the basque region, but it’s off to a great start. I’m well fed and rested. Now if the rain will just hold off!. 😉
Based on previous threads here, both finding albergues and the right waymarking looks to be a challenge on this way. (Part of its attraction too I guess.)Time will tell whether I’m up to it, but will try to post info when i can.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@eli, I am very interested in learning more about this route. I'll be following you on it. Buen Camino :)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back