• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Cercedilla Spain

handzondeck2

Time of past OR future Camino
Life is one big adventure - follow your dreams.
Hola fellow pilgrims
As there is no Albergue de Peregrinos in Cercedilla does anyone have any accommodation recommendations? Has anyone stayed at the Villa Castora Albergue or is there another Albergue that might be suitable on a pilgrim's budget?

Thanks in advance

Sharon

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hola fellow pilgrims
As there is no Albergue de Peregrinos in Cercedilla does anyone have any accommodation recommendations? Has anyone stayed at the Villa Castora Albergue or is there another Albergue that might be suitable on a pilgrim's budget?

Thanks in advance

Sharon
Hi, Sharon,

Pilgrims can sleep in polideportivo in Cercedilla with stamped credencial. They put me in a small aerobics gym with enough mats for comfortable sleep. Of course there are showers and toilets but not much else. It's at the beginning of the town on the left, you can't miss it.

On the other side of the town, actually already out of the town, is Albergue Villa Castora. If you choose to stay there it means 3kms less for the next day walk which is the hardest stage on Camino de Madrid.

Ultreia!

Hola fellow pilgrims

Thanks in advance

Sharon
I would quite strongly not recommend staying in the Cercedilla's Hostal Longinas Aribal. It has the advantage of being right next to the station, which does early breakfast, and of being on the way out of town. But when I stayed there in 2013 it appeared to be being run by a graduate of the Norman Bates school of hospitality. The advantage of staying in a dump is that you have no incentive to linger in bed, so by 10am I was up on the Puerto de la Fuenfría, looking down on Segovia sailing serenely across the meseta - one of the finest views I've ever seen from any camino I've been on.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hola fellow pilgrims

Thanks in advance

Sharon
Hi I stayed at Hostal La Maya, 39 euro it is on camino path and has a restaurant downstairs
And good wifi

If Villa Castora is the Albergue Juvenal, I stayed there. The accommodations were very good. Nice room with a shower and a bag breakfast/lunch for next day. The WiFi was not good but there is a nice restaurant about a half kilometer back down the hill. This place is about a kilometer out of town after the train station. I think it was about 20 euro's. I do not recall but one of my early Madrid post should have the exact cost.

The path up the mountain was fairly well marked with the exception of the last km up to the top. After that just follow the path through the woods. I am sure there are markings after that but I had a foot of snow. This will be your toughest day but very doable.

Ultreya,
Joe

Actually, I stayed in Aribel in 2013 and though not the Ritz, it was better than many budget hotels. For 25 euros it was clean and cozy. It was run by a nice lady and her son. When I walked last year, there was no option to stay at the Albergue, as they did not take reservations for pilgrims. And for 19.80 Euros, I'd prefer to go to booking.com and know I have a room reserved at Aribel.

2016-04-01 8:22 GMT-07:00 ALBERGUE JUVENIL VILLA CASTORA <villacastora@madrid.org>:
Good afternoon,

The youth hostel does not make prior reservations for standing walkers of Santiago. You have to check availability on arrival.
We have attached brochure where you can check rates and characteristics of the hostel. The price per night per person is € 19.80 €.
Atentamente,

Area de Recepción
Albergue Juvenil Villa Castora
Crta. de las Dehesas, 29
28470 Cercedilla

Telefono: 91 852 03 34

Fax: 91 852 24 11

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I would quite strongly not recommend staying in the Cercedilla's Hostal Longinas Aribal. It has the advantage of being right next to the station, which does early breakfast, and of being on the way out of town. But when I stayed there in 2013 it appeared to be being run by a graduate of the Norman Bates school of hospitality. The advantage of staying in a dump is that you have no incentive to linger in bed, so by 10am I was up on the Puerto de la Fuenfría, looking down on Segovia sailing serenely across the meseta - one of the finest views I've ever seen from any camino I've been on.
Thanks Alan. I was hoping someone had some information on the Albergues as last time I stayed in the town centre. I'm very keen on knocking off 3km the day before if I can.

Actually, I stayed in Aribel in 2013 and though not the Ritz, it was better than many budget hotels. For 25 euros it was clean and cozy. It was run by a nice lady and her son. When I walked last year, there was no option to stay at the Albergue, as they did not take reservations for pilgrims. And for 19.80 Euros, I'd prefer to go to booking.com and know I have a room reserved at Aribel.

2016-04-01 8:22 GMT-07:00 ALBERGUE JUVENIL VILLA CASTORA <villacastora@madrid.org>:
Good afternoon,

The youth hostel does not make prior reservations for standing walkers of Santiago. You have to check availability on arrival.
We have attached brochure where you can check rates and characteristics of the hostel. The price per night per person is € 19.80 €.
Atentamente,

Area de Recepción
Albergue Juvenil Villa Castora
Crta. de las Dehesas, 29
28470 Cercedilla

Telefono: 91 852 03 34

Fax: 91 852 24 11
Thanks Anniesantiago
Does the price include breakfast or is there somewhere you can cook?

If Villa Castora is the Albergue Juvenal, I stayed there. The accommodations were very good. Nice room with a shower and a bag breakfast/lunch for next day. The WiFi was not good but there is a nice restaurant about a half kilometer back down the hill. This place is about a kilometer out of town after the train station. I think it was about 20 euro's. I do not recall but one of my early Madrid post should have the exact cost.

The path up the mountain was fairly well marked with the exception of the last km up to the top. After that just follow the path through the woods. I am sure there are markings after that but I had a foot of snow. This will be your toughest day but very doable.

Ultreya,
Joe
Thanks JP
This will be my second time walking this way. Last time I stayed in the town centre but if I can knock off a few km's before the walk up the hill the day before I'm all for it. Did the price include the breakfast/lunch or was that extra?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Many thanks to all who have responded so far. I'm leaning towards the albergue at this stage with a leisurely walk up over the mountain towards Zamarramala the next day. Hopefully the weather gods will be in my favour.

Hola fellow pilgrims

Thanks in advance

Sharon
Hi Sharon

Lat year we stayed in the youth hostel. We intended to stay at the albergue, where we were told we could not book in before 5 PM, but somehow missed it on our left, and ended up at the youth hostel Villa Castora, further up the hill and on the right. It was a bit pricy {? - 30 euro-?} and if you are not a member of a national Youth Hostel organisation [I am a member of YHA] then you have to join Youth Hostels International. Staying there put us a little further up the hill for next mornings walk. Breakfast was not until 8 AM, which we said was too late, so they gave us a pack with juice, cheese and crackers, and fruit to take with us next morning. We enjoyed our stay, but the staff when we were there spoke no English. Dinner at night was in the hostel dining room, cooked by the staff, and very nice.

We arrived in Segovia next day to find a festival in town and no accommodation to be had. We walked on to Zamarramala where we stayed in a flash new albergue which was free - not donativo - free. We would have missed it if we had been able to stay in Segovia.

buen camino

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Hi Sharon

Lat year we stayed in the youth hostel. We intended to stay at the albergue, where we were told we could not book in before 5 PM, but somehow missed it on our left, and ended up at the youth hostel Villa Castora, further up the hill and on the right. It was a bit pricy {? - 30 euro-?} and if you are not a member of a national Youth Hostel organisation [I am a member of YHA] then you have to join Youth Hostels International. Staying there put us a little further up the hill for next mornings walk. Breakfast was not until 8 AM, which we said was too late, so they gave us a pack with juice, cheese and crackers, and fruit to take with us next morning. We enjoyed our stay, but the staff when we were there spoke no English. Dinner at night was in the hostel dining room, cooked by the staff, and very nice.

We arrived in Segovia next day to find a festival in town and no accommodation to be had. We walked on to Zamarramala where we stayed in a flash new albergue which was free - not donativo - free. We would have missed it if we had been able to stay in Segovia.

buen camino

Alan

Alan

All should be good as I'm a member of the YHA. How much did the pack snack cost or was it included in the price?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks JP
This will be my second time walking this way. Last time I stayed in the town centre but if I can knock off a few km's before the walk up the hill the day before I'm all for it. Did the price include the breakfast/lunch or was that extra?

I believe breakfast was included in the fee. They gave me a carry out bag the night before since I was leaving before breakfast. To be clear, I did not stay in the youth hostel mentioned above. The Albergue Juvenal was on the left side of the road and about a half click past the restaurant which was on the right.

Ultreya,
Joe

Last edited:
JP sounds great two choices of albergues. Looking forward to a challenge :)

Alan

All should be good as I'm a member of the YHA. How much did the pack snack cost or was it included in the price?
Sharon, the snack pack was included in the overall cost. The staff were up early to give them to us and to return our passports, which for some reason they insisted on keeping overnight. They saw us off with hugs and waves until we were out of sight. They were VERY impressed that some one with an Australian Youth Hostel card stayed with them!

Alan

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Having said I wouldn't do another camino I have just returned from the Camino de Madrid. In Cercedilla I stayed in Las Dehesas, the Youth Hostal on the right hand side, behind the information office, almost 3 kms out of Cercedilla. When I phoned I was told that I couldn't arrive until 5 p.m. and then only if I took half-board. In fact they let me in at 3. Pilgrims with a credencial don't need to be members of the YHA. €30 seemed a lot but it was so far out that I wouldn't have wanted to return to town for anything to eat. I was the only person there I think, they cooked dinner just for me and gave me coffee and an enormous picnic when I left in the morning.
It made the walk up to Fuenfria much easier.

Hi Sharon
ended up at the youth hostel Villa Castora, further up the hill and on the right. It was a bit pricy {? - 30 euro-?} and if you are not a member of a national Youth Hostel organisation.

Having said I wouldn't do another camino I have just returned from the Camino de Madrid. In Cercedilla I stayed in Las Dehesas, the Youth Hostal on the right hand side, behind the information office, almost 3 kms out of Cercedilla.

Hi, sulu, welcome back! You lasted longer than many do with your "no more Caminos" pledge. :) No shame in succumbing once again.

I would join your recommendation for staying in one of the two albergues outside town and a few kms up the road. I think most of us who managed to do that stayed in Villa Castora, but that's the one on the left, so Alan you either have the name wrong or were looking at it from the other direction. Both are run by the Comunidad de Madrid (the Greater Madrid government). And both are on a road with the name of "Dehesas" so that may add to the confusion. Sulu's recent experience confirms that the one on the right is also open to pilgrims.

Here's the website for the one on the left, the Villa Castora
http://www.madrid.org/cs/Satellite?..._FA/JUVE_alojamiento&rootpageid=1152517028736

And the one on the right, a bit further up, Las Dehesas
http://www.madrid.org/cs/Satellite?cid=1142322453978&language=es&menuIzquierdo=true&pageid=1142322433572&pagename=PortalJoven/JUVE_Alojamiento_FA/JUVE_alojamiento&rootpageid=1152517028736.

PRices are the same at both http://www.madrid.org/cs/Satellite?cid=1142322437488&language=es&menuIzquierdo=true&pagename=PortalJoven/Page/JUVE_contenidoFinalMenuIzquierdo&rootpageid=1152517028736

With your credential, you don't need a youth hostel card. When I was in the Villa Castora, there was a huge group of school kids, but we arrived at their afternoon opening time (5?) and were given private rooms off to the left, far from the noise and the kids. I was told they keep those rooms for pilgrims, but I don't know that for sure.

Buen camino, Sharon! Laurie

I just had the bed and breakfast which was 18 euro. I also stayed in a room off to the left. It had two beds and a private bath.

Joe

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Having said I wouldn't do another camino I have just returned from the Camino de Madrid.
Hi, Sue,

and welcome back. I kind of knew you won't last really long with your decision that you are done with Caminos. Or was that hope ;)
My Slovenian friend living in Madrid (this year he walked CdM, CF from Sahagun to Leon, Salvador, Primitivo where Laurie met him, CF to SdC, to Fisterra, backwards on Portugues and backwards on Vdlp/Portugues to Zamora - a LOOOT of kms) told me that's it, he's fed up with Caminos and walking. Interesting today after just two months he told me he wants to go back to walking, he is missing the Camino :D I knew that all before...

Wish you well!

Hi, sulu, welcome back! You lasted longer than many do with your "no more Caminos" pledge. :) No shame in succumbing once again.

I would join your recommendation for staying in one of the two albergues outside town and a few kms up the road. I think most of us who managed to do that stayed in Villa Castora, but that's the one on the left, so Alan you either have the name wrong or were looking at it from the other direction. Both are run by the Comunidad de Madrid (the Greater Madrid government). And both are on a road with the name of "Dehesas" so that may add to the confusion. Sulu's recent experience confirms that the one on the right is also open to pilgrims.

Here's the website for the one on the left, the Villa Castora
http://www.madrid.org/cs/Satellite?..._FA/JUVE_alojamiento&rootpageid=1152517028736

And the one on the right, a bit further up, Las Dehesas
http://www.madrid.org/cs/Satellite?cid=1142322453978&language=es&menuIzquierdo=true&pageid=1142322433572&pagename=PortalJoven/JUVE_Alojamiento_FA/JUVE_alojamiento&rootpageid=1152517028736.

PRices are the same at both http://www.madrid.org/cs/Satellite?cid=1142322437488&language=es&menuIzquierdo=true&pagename=PortalJoven/Page/JUVE_contenidoFinalMenuIzquierdo&rootpageid=1152517028736

With your credential, you don't need a youth hostel card. When I was in the Villa Castora, there was a huge group of school kids, but we arrived at their afternoon opening time (5?) and were given private rooms off to the left, far from the noise and the kids. I was told they keep those rooms for pilgrims, but I don't know that for sure.

Buen camino, Sharon! Laurie
Thanks for putting me right Laurie, and my apologies to anyone that I may have inadvertently led astray. I do know that the other two pilgrims with me had to pay more than I did, as they had to join Youth Hostels International, but my Aussie card meant that I did not.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.