• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Granja de Moreruela - help!

Tezza

Time of past OR future Camino
Sanabres 2021
Hello! I have planned to start walking the Camino Sanabres - from Granja de Moreruela - on 3nd October, so need accommodation in GdM on the 2nd. Unfortunately the only accommodation that seems open in GdM is fully booked (Donde Victor Luna). The first day's walk, to Tabara is long and I will need to start quite early (I have accommodation booked at Tabara). Does anyone have any ideas? Either about any alternative accommodation in GdM or perhaps how to get there from elsewhere (Zamora?) early-ish in the morning? I'm thinking it might be possible to get a taxi from Zamora, but from what I can see it would be very expensive. Any ideas or thoughts welcome! (I only have limited time so can't change my days - I'm arriving in Madrid late in the evening on the 1st and was planning on travelling to GdM on the 2nd).

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There is also a private albergue, right beside the Camino, at the entrance of the town. Don't know if they're open, but worth a try?

1631628697404.png

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks, good idea. I've checked all their timetables though, and unfortunately nothing near GdeM.

Here are some phonenumbers.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, I saw there was one to Tabara. But that would mean missing out the walk from GdeM? That would be sad!

Here are some phonenumbers.
Ah, I only speak a few words of Spanish unfortunately.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yes, I saw there was one to Tabara. But that would mean missing out the walk from GdeM? That would be sad!

I realise it can be a dissapointment that is true but I'm thinking in a practical way seeing you have limited time.
This past year was not normal in many ways so I guess anyone who is on a lesser travelled Camino will have to be open to some changes in the plans.
Good luck!

Last edited:
I realise it can be a dissapointment that is true but I'm thinking in a practical way seeing you have limited time.
This past year was not normal in many ways so I guess anyone who is on la lesser travelled Camino will have to be open to some changes in the plans.
Good luck!
Yes indeed! Not giving up yet, though...!

You can take an early bus from Zamora, it leaves you about about 10km north of GdeM, I'm sorry, I can't remember exactly where it stops..

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks, I've sent them a msg on fb but looks like just a cafe, no accommodation.
On the wall there's a sign that says 'Albergue'. On the photo it's on the left side. Furthermore: I stayed there in 2018. Don't remember if it was nice or not though...

On the wall there's a sign that says 'Albergue'. On the photo it's on the left side. Furthermore: I stayed there in 2018. Don't remember if it was nice or not though...
They hold the key for the municipal and they sign you in and give you your stamp. Are you sure you're not confusing things? The albergue is 100 metres or so further along the main street..

They hold the key for the municipal and they sign you in and give you your stamp. Are you sure you're not confusing things?
Could be I'm mixing albergues up. I've stayed in quite a few over the last 10 years. At least I do remember the entrance. I don't remember picking up the key though.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This past year was not normal in many ways so I guess anyone who is on la lesser travelled Camino will have to be open to some changes in the plans.
Good luck!
Ah, happy days, I finally had a reply to my e-mail from Donde Victor Luna Hotel in G de M and they will have a room free! It will be so nice to start at the beginning (even though I'm sure it's going to be a long and tough day, for my first day's walk!). Buen Camino everyone.

@Tezza, sorry I didn't see this earlier. I am glad you found accommodation. We stayed at La Casa del Tío Quico, just to the west from the church, right along the Camino. It is a marvelous old, restored farmhouse, with a quiet, interior courtyard (see my stage from Montmarta to Granja de Moreruela for photos). The home's website states that it is 220 E/night, but that is for the whole house. You can inquire about a room only. For 50 Euros, we got a double room, ensuite, which was cozy and comfortable!

@André Walker, you are right, the Bar TeleClub does have an albergue, you can click on the link for their Facebook page and message or call them. So, @Tezza and anyone else in your footsteps, there ARE options. When we walked in 2019, there was a HUGE signpost directing you to the TeleClub albergue. You can see this photo on my website page, I linked to above.

Buen Camino!

Last edited:
@Tezza, sorry I didn't see this earlier. I am glad you found accommodation. We stayed at La Casa del Tío Quico, just to the west from the church, right along the Camino. It is a marvelous old, restored farmhouse, with a quiet, interior courtyard (see my stage from Montmarta to Granja de Moreruela for photos). The home's website states that it is 220 E/night, but that is for the whole house. You can inquire about a room only. For 50 Euros, we got a double room, ensuite, which was cozy and comfortable!

@André Walker, you are right, the Bar TeleClub does have an albergue, you can click on the link for their Facebook page and message or call them. So, @Tezza and anyone else in your footsteps, there ARE options. When we walked in 2019, there was a HUGE signpost directing you to the TeleClub albergue. You can see this photo on my website page, I linked to above.

Buen Camino!
Great to have this information Elle, thanks for sharing!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I stayed at the Casa del Tio Quico in Granja de Moreruela in 2019.( 695 260 905) I attempted to book it ahead but they did not respond to my email. However, I had no problem getting a booking when I arrived.

There is also a private albergue, right beside the Camino, at the entrance of the town. Don't know if they're open, but worth a try?

View attachment 109162
That,s the old Albergue which has moved across the road. there is a Casa up towards a little tienda. sorry, forgotten its name.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back