• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Madrid

jirit

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
My wife and I are walking the Via de la Plata, early April. We arrive in Madrid late in the afternoon. We are thinking it would be nice to spend a couple of days sightseeing Madrid before taking a train to Seville.

I welcome any accommodation suggestions for Madrid - we typically like small family pensions and/or bed & breakfasts

Thanks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have stayed here on the way out of Madrid. It is in one of the best areas of Madrid with lots of upscale shopping, street cafes, etc. Walking distance (for us) to the Prado, Puerta del Sol, etc. Subway on same block.
Close to the train station as well...but not sure if it was the station that goes to Seville as I came in on the train from Pamplona.
Not fancy but nice and the price seems reasonable. Check it out for the dates you will be there.

http://www.hostaldondiego.com/?gclid=CK ... QgodVRoAFw
Ed

We stayed here after our Camino....it is walking distance to the train station, or you can take the subway to a stop just down the street. You can also walk to Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, museums....lots of restaurants near it. It was lovely and clean, you can read reviews on Trip Advisor...the owner does not speak English though. I would definitely stay here again...nothing fancy.

Direccion ... C/Cervantes 5, 3ºD 28014 - Madrid
e-mail: hjaen@aliste.info
Tfno: +34 91 429 48 58 Fax: +34 91 429 48 58
URL: http://www.hjaen.com

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I've stayed several times in Hostal Bruna, http://www.ctv.es/hostalbruna/index.htm
Family run, extremely clean and well maintained. Nothing fancy of course. The location is very close to the Prado, and near all the restaurants/bars in the Huertas district. This place is very quiet, but make sure to ask for a "habitacion interior" so you won't have windows onto the street if noise will bother you.

I like to recommend this place because of how they treated my son. He spent several days here a few years ago and on the night before his departure to the states, he was pickpocketed -- lost his wallet and all cash, thankfully not the passport. He didn't even realize it till the morning when he went to pay for his hostal and was ready to go to the airport. The family gave him 20 euros to get him on his way and asked him to send the money for the room and the loan when he returned. They are very decent people.

There are hundreds of these places in Madrid, but I'll always recommend this one! Laurie

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi! This is Rodolfo from Artistic Bed&Breakfast!

I have just seen that we are recommended here and just wanted to tell you that we feel very honored fot it, and that we hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Did you know that there is also a Camino that starts in Madrid? It used to be almost abandoned but it has been restored in the last years. You can read more about it here.

rofranco said:
Hi! This is Rodolfo from Artistic Bed&Breakfast!

I have just seen that we are recommended here and just wanted to tell you that we feel very honored fot it, and that we hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Did you know that there is also a Camino that starts in Madrid? It used to be almost abandoned but it has been restored in the last years. You can read more about it here.

I can certainly recommend Artistic Bed and Breakfast in Madrid. It is super easy to get to from the airport and centrally located in the old part of the town and less than 20 minutes walking distance to the train station

Jirit, what was the cost for a pilgrim?
I need a room for one night in Madrid.
I've booked at Hostal Buelta for 28 Euros.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We paid the posted rates as per their website

Oh yes, I missed the link.

One thing to remember if you're traveling alone is that sometimes it is nearly as inexpensive to share a private room with 1 or two other pilgrims as it is to stay in an albergue. That is a nice option every now and then. Someone mentioned doing that at the Parador, which is a GREAT idea! What a treat!

Discovered an interesting piece of information regarding Madrid's rail system.

If you are arriving into Madrid from Santiago which we did a couple of days ago, your Renfe ticket will allow you access on the Madrid's suburban rail system for free for a period of approx 90 minutes after the scheduled arrival time, For example we were allow to travel on the C1 line to the airport using the same Renfe ticket saving us a total approx 5 euro per person. Our scheduled arrival in Madrid after taking the 9:05 train from Santiago was 2:40 pm. The agent at the gate suggested we could continue to travel on the suburban line to the airport if required up to 4:00 pm that same afternoon.

Has anybody had the same experience?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back