• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Nacimiento (in between Alboloduy and Abla)

peregrina2000

Staff member
Just heard from a very happy forum member that it is now possible to split up the 28 km stage between Alboloduy and Abla with a stop in Nacimiento. Thanks to the Association's efforts, a private option has opened up there, 18 € per person. I have contacted the Association to get more specific information to post, but if anyone is leaving soon, you should contact the Association directly and they will help you arrange it. More great news from the Mozárabe!

Buen camino, Laurie

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Good to hear. I could use a stop after the steep and narrow climb up from Albodoloy...😩;). But that aside: What facilities, besides accomodation, exist in Nacimiento ? I am thinking of cafe, restaurant (Dinner), Tienda, etc. I looked it up on Google Earth, but found nothing. Do you know?

Good to hear. I could use a stop after the steep and narrow climb up from Albodoloy...😩;). But that aside: What facilities, besides accomodation, exist in Nacimiento ? I am thinking of cafe, restaurant (Dinner), Tienda, etc. I looked it up on Google Earth, but found nothing. Do you know?
Good questions, I have written to the Association and will report back on whatever I find out. My guess is that the private person who is offering accommodation will also want to have food available, but I will get as much info as I can and report back.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Good questions, I have written to the Association and will report back on whatever I find out. My guess is that the private person who is offering accommodation will also want to have food available, but I will get as much info as I can and report back.
I was thinking along the lines of the possibility of cooking myself/having a meal in the albergue/place, having a cafe in the village (for dinner), and a place to sit down for a glass or 3 with my favorite refreshment after my day's walk.:)

The Mosarabe is indeed a charming and interesting Camino. I would encourage more people to do it.

Just heard from a very happy forum member that it is now possible to split up the 28 km stage between Alboloduy and Abla with a stop in Nacimiento.
It was possible last year, too. There is an albergue in Ocaña, 21 km after Alboloduy, and about 8 km before Abla. I stayed there last year - the albergue was good but the services in town were limited. I wandered into the old folks centre and got something to eat, but the choices were very limited, at least at pilgrim meal time. It was a case where you had to call/text the Association person and be told how to get in.

It was possible last year, too. There is an albergue in Ocaña, 21 km after Alboloduy, and about 8 km before Abla. I stayed there last year - the albergue was good but the services in town were limited. I wandered into the old folks centre and got something to eat, but the choices were very limited, at least at pilgrim meal time. It was a case where you had to call/text the Association person and be told how to get in.
Better walk on then.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This is really welcome news. There's a bar (Cafe Bar Centro) in Nacimiento which serves meals. I heard that the owner of the bar, whose name is Santiago, will run the private accommodation.

This should make it possible to walk from Almeria to Granada with daily distances less than 25km. (Alquife to Guadix is 24.3km, mostly on good paths and downhill. There is a Casa Rural at Cogollos de Guadix if you need to break up that stage, but it's not on the list of accommodations so I guess it's above the 25 Euros per night max. that the Association requires).

EDIT: Corrected name to Cafe Bar Centro

Last edited by a moderator:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
... and it's in the April edition of the guide published by the Almeria association. Now available on their facebook page:

EDIt: Just seen photos - Three private bedrooms. Shared bathroom and shared kitchen.

Last edited by a moderator:

I stopped at Nacimiento on the 15th, had some tapas at the Cafe bar, so it's definitely an option.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Are the rooms private? As in habitacion doble?
Update from Bar Nacimiento — contact via WhatsApp at phone listed earlier in the thread.
It sounds to me like it’s a separate apartment, one room has four beds, one room has three beds, there are 11/2 baths, washing machine, kitchen, and living/ dining room. Seems like very nice people.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back