• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Pontevedra

MaxHelado

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués via Variante Espiritual 2022
Anyone help me with recommendations of places to stay in Pontevedra? It s such a beautiful town that we do not want to miss staying there, preferably in the old town. Mrs Helado snores (poor me) and I have reached the age where bathroom visits are obligatory during the night (poor me) so a private room with bathroom would be best for everyone. Favourite albergues or hotels?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Anyone help me with recommendations of places to stay in Pontevedra? It s such a beautiful town that we do not want to miss staying there, preferably in the old town. Mrs Helado snores (poor me) and I have reached the age where bathroom visits are obligatory during the night (poor me) so a private room with bathroom would be best for everyone. Favourite albergues or hotels?
We liked the Hotel Virgen del Camino, a, modern property located right on the Camino path and adjacent to the historical city center.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you want to splurge, there is a parador in Pontevedra. I'm hiking the Camino Portuguese next fall and have a reservation there in early October. A private room with private bath is 117.3 Euros, including breakfast. I reserved through the parador website; the rate for a pilgrim is lower than Booking.com. Bob

We struggled with finding budget rooms in Pontevedra but we found a cheap(ish) twin room with en suite for 50 euro on booking.com
The property was called Acola rooms in the centre of the old town directly on the Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Check our Slow City Hostal. It offers both private rooms and dorms. It’s right innthe heart if the city just a couple blocks off the Camino.
....and so is this!
If you want to splurge, there is a parador in Pontevedra. I'm hiking the Camino Portuguese next fall and have a reservation there in early October. A private room with private bath is 117.3 Euros, including breakfast. I reserved through the parador website; the rate for a pilgrim is lower than Booking.com. Bob
parador looks fabulous!

Hotel Comercio had a great twin room for us just ten days ago for 48€.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hotel Restaurante Rúas is right in the old town, in one of the most popular squares, right next to a good number of bars and restaurants (http://hotelruas.es/hotel/).

Casa Sara Hospedaje is small, but well-located also in the old town (https://casa-sara-pet-friendly-accommodation.negocio.site).

Acolá has a couple of locations, very close to each other: one of them is 'albergue' style, the other one has private en-suite rooms. They're both quite well-located too, at the edge of the old town (https://acolahostel.com)

Hotel Restaurante Rúas is right in the old town, in one of the most popular squares, right next to a good number of bars and restaurants (http://hotelruas.es/hotel/).

Casa Sara Hospedaje is small, but well-located also in the old town (https://casa-sara-pet-friendly-accommodation.negocio.site).

Acolá has a couple of locations, very close to each other: one of them is 'albergue' style, the other one has private en-suite rooms. They're both quite well-located too, at the edge of the old town (https://acolahostel.com)
Thank you, Maria. Very helpful and the links make it so easy for me! The Rúas looks lovely. Definitely on the short list and currently at #1!

We stayed at the Hotel Virgen del Camino. Like you, we wanted a decent room with a bathroom three steps from the bed. Excellent location, on the camino path and near the main historical sites. So much to see...and don't miss the shrine of the Virgen Peregrina. It's truly special. See attached photo that we took and put on the cover of all the Christmas cards we sent this year. Buen camino...and feliz navidad!

Attachments

• P1075276.JPG
    P1075276.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 12
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Can recommend the Ruas hotel/restaurant. We stayed there 2 nights in March and found them super friendly and helpful.

Thank you everyone for these ideas. Much appreciated. Any others will be equally well received.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you’re walking off season (especially weekdays), just walk up to the parador and ask if they can give you a pilgrim rate. We did this in 2019 and it was much less than 117e, as I recall in the 60s.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Any advice about places to stay in Armenteira? I am doing my first Camino starting May 2, and I had planned on doing the Spiritual Variant. However, it seems like there are limited options for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.