• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Porto

formysons

Time of past OR future Camino
Roncesvalles - Santiago 2009; Portuguese, Ingles, Finesterre and Muxia - 2019.
Could fellow pilgrims please advise me on albergues or affordable hostels in Porto, I need to book our (two senior ladies) first night.
I have been looking on rome2rio (booking.com) but they do not offer albergue options, so I think my best route would be other pilgrims.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Gronze.com is available to help you.

Could fellow pilgrims please advise me on albergues or affordable hostels in Porto, I need to book our (two senior ladies) first night.
I have been looking on rome2rio (booking.com) but they do not offer albergue options, so I think my best route would be other pilgrims.
Pet's Inn is a very nice Hostel in Porto. We just stayed there before leaving on our camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Gronze.com is available to help you.

Thanks, I will look into Gronze.com.

Autocorrect, urgh! POET'S INN is recommended, not Pet's Inn, lol!
Hi rowdygirl, that is so funny, well... I thought I am an animal lover, let's try this one.
Good, I will look into Poet's Inn. Thanks for the recommendation.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Republica is in a quiet neighborhood near restaurants. It operates as a hostel and hotel.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I’m staying at Downtown Hostel st the end of the month. If you go to Booking.com (not thru Rome 2 Rio) you can set filters for what you want. If you select lowest prices first Albergues come up. On my computer it seems easier than the phone app.

I recommend Porto Lounge Hostel and guesthouse.

There are double rooms as well as bedrooms for 6-8 persons (also for women only). Everything is very nice, clean and with a good breakfast. The hostel is located in a relatively quiet street of the old town, but not directly in the hotspot and is easily accessible by metro. 5 minutes to walk to San Bento or the cathedral.

For us it was perfect

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A lot of the seniors in our local pilgrim walker's group here in Toronto seem to like Yes! Hostel. I stayed there on their advice and it worked for me, although I can't compare it to other Porto hostels. One thing I liked about it was the communal supper that was available, something I tend to look for in albergues (although this wasn't an albergue). I didn't stay at the albergue because I was starting on the senda litoral along the river to the coast and the albergue seemed to be more out of the way for this route (although likely nicely situated for those walking north out of town along the road for the Central or Coastal routes).

I too am looking for suggestions on an economy private room in Porto for one person. I arrive late afternoon and need to acclimate from Jet lag. I will then spend the next full day in Porto to experience the town and another night. Any ideas are welcomed.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back