Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Accommodation in san sebastian and beyond.

Wandalina

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese in September '18
Primitivo in September '19
Hey everyone im about to book flights for September but wanted to secure the first few nights accommodation first as ive heard there can be problems getting a place to stay. Anyone have any suggestions for San Sebastian all hostels recommended a room in city or koba have a min 2 night stay. Ideally want to be central so i don't have to do a lot of walking in the evening. Anyone got any nice pension tips?

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
Even in September I think you may have to splurge for a one night booking. Two nights at Room in the City might be worth it. It is great city to explore and partake in a tapas “crawl.”

Wandalina

Portuguese in September '18
Primitivo in September '19
I think im just a little in shock of increased costs of accommodation on the norte... ive been spoiled by the Portuguese and Primitivo and the availability of very reasonable accommodation 😊

2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016
I think im just a little in shock of increased costs of accommodation on the norte... ive been spoiled by the Portuguese and Primitivo and the availability of very reasonable accommodation 😊

It's certainly much higher than in 2018--- between 10% and 25% by my notes. Walking outside the high season might be the best idea, if that can work for your schedule.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Most read last week in this forum

Over 15 days into this pilgrimage so far and the majority of the holy buildings have been closed, can anyone give more insight or share their own thoughts please? Is this the same situation on...
So, we are in Getxo on the first day of our Camino del Norte. The weather has come in - see pics. There are now massive waves crashing and visibility is even lower than the 2nd photo shows. It’s...
Hi, we're walking Norte in April (2023) to Muxia. Based on some of what i have read and seen it seems that the walk from Bilbao to Portugalete (along the water or thru the town) is residential...