• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in San Sebastian?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We are hoping to book a hotel / hostel in San Sebastian. Basically, we would like a private room. Can anyone recommend a place?
We stayed at Hotel Parma when we walked the Norte. Nice modern place with breakfast. It also had A/C which was a treat while walking in the summer months.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
When for?

I booked a private room late August 2022 for 125€ in a Pension. It's a very popular place with Spanish tourists, hence the prices. Pension Grosen.

It's way above my normal price point too, but I was struggling to find anywhere with a private room

We are hoping to book a hotel / hostel in San Sebastian. Basically, we would like a private room. Can anyone recommend a place?
Yes! Pension La Perla, it’s near the Cathedral Buen Pastore, close to plenty of pintxos bars and restaurants, yet the street is fairly quiet at night because that street mostly has shops which closed at 9pm. La Concha beach is just 5 min walk.

Really good welcome by the hospitalero, at night time the night shift hospitalero covers about 3 pensiones so there is a phone number to contact by WhatsApp and they are very helpful.

Would really really recommend! I do hope you get a room here because they’re very busy.

Keep in mind that San Sebastian is a beautiful resort city and is very popular with people from all over Europe.
The Camino and pilgrims pass through but is really not a big part of activity or demand.

It would be best to not expect to find anything in the inexpensive range.

Fantastic place to visit with a neat history.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We stayed at the Green Nest Hostel in San Sebastian in 2018. It's a bit outside town center, but walkable and there's a bus that drops you off nearby if I remember correctly. The accommodations were decent and cheaper than the in-town pensions.

I booked an AirBnB in Old Town for 3 nights in early September but alas had to cancel due to health issues. It was $300/night.

When for?

I booked a private room late August 2022 for 125€ in a Pension. It's a very popular place with Spanish tourists, hence the prices. Pension Grosen.

It's way above my normal price point too, but I was struggling to find anywhere with a private roo
I booked an AirBnB in Old Town for 3 nights in early September but alas had to cancel due to health issues. It was $300/night.
Quick look at booking.com for private room for 3 nights for 2 people for an august weekend. Not much change out of $600 even after sorting by price!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I stayed at Hotel Leku Eder Paseo: Cristobal Balenciaga, 2, 20008 Donostia-San Sebastian, +34 943 21 01 07 (4k from the train station but right on Camino). www.lekueder.com The owner’s name is Iniaki, I paid 40 Euros in 2021, which included a lovely breakfast. They were so nice that I sent a Christmas card last year. If you do go there, please give my best. BTW. about a half way to Getaria, on top of the mountain, there is a good restaurant/hotel called Berazadi Berri, their food and the view is to die for. The menu looked so good, I ordered multiple dishes and ate them all. I would love to stay at this restaurant-hotel next time and try everything on the menu.

Hotel view and the Breakfast Starter, then they brought out fresh baked pastries, yogurt, fruits, etc.
1655647817711.jpeg

My lunch at Berazadi Berri
1655647918560.jpeg
1655648019123.jpeg
1655648156040.jpeg

Last edited:
I stayed in Pension Aristizabel and it was very nice and reasonably priced. My room was very small and did not have a window but had an air conditioner and I think we got a small breakfast too. Location was excellent. As others have said it is not a cheap city for hostels/hotels, especially in the summer. I was there in late September of 2018 and paid about $40US a night for my very small but comfortable and clean room. It was a single bed I believe. After you have some great tapas just outside the old city on the main boulevard make sure you go to Boulevard Gelateria for the best ice cream anywhere!

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back