• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterBarry

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Norte
Portuguese
Le Puy to SJPDP
Hi
Can anyone recommend good accommodation in
Santiago?
I seem to recall Ivar has some facility there??

Any help appreciated
Peter

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Re: Accomadation in Santiago

Hi Peter,

A lot depends on your price range.
I myself have stayed in Hostal Suso Rua de Franco 65. It has double rooms and one single room. I would highly recommend the double rooms, but not the single room phone 981 586 611.

If you want a cheap option there is Albergue Fin del Camino €8 ph 981 587 324 but it is a bit far out.

If you arrive in Santiago without accommodation the Santiago tourist office is just down the road from the Pilgrim office at 65 Rua de Vilar and they will give you a long long list.

Hotel San Martin which is just opposite the North door of the Cathedral comes highly recommended. I have not stayed there but have eaten there often.

I live just north of Dublin. If you want to talk on the phone send me a PM..

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Accomadation in Santiago

Deleted

Accomadation in Santiago

San Martin, for me is the best choice, I have stayed there several times, each room has its own bathroom, the price for a single is 23 Euro this includes a good buffet breakfast phone reservations can be made, ensure you specify the pilgrims rooms, , I tried to reserve a pilgrims room from their web site but only the normal full priced rooms were an option
See attached contact details

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375970665.851240.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375970665.851240.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 314
Re: Accomadation in Santiago

I agree with Frank!

Most PILGRIM rooms are singles with private toilet and shower at 23 Euros including a copious buffet breakfast; there are some cheaper multi-bedded rooms. Email your query for pilgrim space to this address >> reservas@sanmartinpinario.eu. Do NOT use their on-line booking form which is only for more expensive and more elegant tourist accommodation on the other floors. Here is that site for TOURIST rooms >> http://www.sanmartinpinario.es/

I stayed here in simple pilgrim rooms, which are converted seminarians cells, in 2011 and December 2012 and found it comfortable and most convenient.

They are open 24/7 so that you can arrive at anytime, the desk staff are multi-lingual, WiFi is free, there are multiple public spaces for casual conversation and the restaurant (open to all) serves a very good 3 course lunch or dinner with wine for only 12 Euros. Last December when I was the only pilgrim during torrential rains I ate lunch with the staff!

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
To join in the San Martin chorus, I will also add that for the last few years I have sent a package to them upon my arrival in Spain and it was there waiting for me in the room behind the check-in counter when I arrived 6 or 7 weeks later. They have been very accommodating of me and my changing plans, and what I typically do is make a reservation for the day I expect to arrive from my Camino, and then the day I expect to arrive from a walk to Finisterre/Muxia, and then change with a phone call from the road as things inevitably change. Buen camino, Laurie

Thank you all so much for your help.
We had only 1 night in Santiago so stayed in a hotel near the cathedral.
Although I think St Martin sounds a great place to end the Camino Norte.
Thanks again and I will remember you all in my prayers.

Regards

Peter

Also, if you really want to treat yourself, there's always the parador next to the cathedral

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have stayed at the Hostel San Martin - highly recommended too. You can go the pilgrim route and stay in the pilgrim rooms on the 4th floor or take the regular rooms on the 3rd floor (about double the price)

Another good choice is Pension Badalada which offer both singles and doubles

http://www.badalada.es

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.