Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Accommodation in Winter in Fromista

peregrina2000

Staff member
For anyone looking for a warm place in Fromista during the winter, I just saw this notice on a Spanish forum:

A pair of pilgrims living in Fromista has recently registered their home as an official albergue. For the past three years they have been offering overflow services in town, but now they are "official." Open from Dec. to February (I don't know about the rest of the year). You must call first. 5 beds, donativo

“BETANIA” acogida familiar cristiana.
Av. Ejército Español, 26 – FRÓMISTA (PALENCIA)
638 846 043.
betaniafromista@gmail.com

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
K

karenfromcali

G
For anyone looking for a warm place in Fromista during the winter, I just saw this notice on a Spanish forum:

A pair of pilgrims living in Fromista has recently registered their home as an official albergue. For the past three years they have been offering overflow services in town, but now they are "official." Open from Dec. to February (I don't know about the rest of the year). You must call first. 5 beds, donativo

“BETANIA” acogida familiar cristiana.
Av. Ejército Español, 26 – FRÓMISTA (PALENCIA)
638 846 043.
betaniafromista@gmail.com
Thanks for this info. I'm concerned about albergues being closed as i have read several posts about alberges that say they are open in winter but are not.

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Year of past OR future Camino
Many, various, and continuing.
This little place is lovely, and Lourdes and José, the couple who run it, are true camino souls. I highly recommend it. (They have been around for a while, but now serve only in winter because the "ruling families" of Fromista want all the Big Business for themselves in the summertime.) :(

Last edited:

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Year of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
I know Lourdes and Jose from way back - at least since the year 2000 ;-) Lourdes was actually one of the co-founders of the hospitaleros voluntarios, also if she doesn't like to hear that (she doesn't like to be in any spot light ;-) ) They are a lovely couple and it is well worth staying with them or at least to say hello when you pass through Fromista this winter. As far as I know in summer they only accommodate those that nobody else wants, aka pilgrims without money for example. SY

Edited to add: It is important to call ahead to make sure that they are at home when you arrive!

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads