• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation issues

Bunclody1

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2013 C Francis
June 2015 C Norte
September 2017 C Primitivo
August 2018 Via de la Plata
Hi all, I started walking from Lucca Tuesday March 29th. I am in Acquapendente tonight and wanted to let anyone considering walking there are no pilgrim accommodation options here. I went to the tourist Center and they sorted me out. Lots of Ostellos are closed, either due to Covid, Ukrainian refugees or too early in the season. Also the ostellos seem quiet expensive , €20/€30 without a kitchen or wash facilities. I have Sandy Browns book which is very good but some of the accommodation suggested is out of date even though it’s a new publication. Airbnb is cheaper at times as breckfast is included.
In saying all that I am really enjoying my walk through the Tuscany countryside and would highly recommend it.
All the best, John.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Hi all, I started walking from Lucca Tuesday March 29th. I am in Acquapendente tonight and wanted to let anyone considering walking there are no pilgrim accommodation options here. I went to the tourist Center and they sorted me out. Lots of Ostellos are closed, either due to Covid, Ukrainian refugees or too early in the season. Also the ostellos seem quiet expensive , €20/€30 without a kitchen or wash facilities. I have Sandy Browns book which is very good but some of the accommodation suggested is out of date even though it’s a new publication. Airbnb is cheaper at times as breckfast is included.
In saying all that I am really enjoying my walk through the Tuscany countryside and would highly recommend it.
All the best, John.
Try here. There are accommodation lists on the site.
Buen Camino
Vince

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of Ostellos are closed, either due to Covid, Ukrainian refugees

Can you please elaborate on the Ukrainian refugee part please?????? While I am aware of what's going on in Ukraine, I am not aware of the current situation regarding Italy and the refugee's.
Thank you in advance.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I just finished walking from Torino to Rome in 35 stages on Saturday, April 2. The situation with accommodations is definitely better in Tuscany, even if not all of the pilgrim's lodging is available. There are generally options of affitacamere, BnBs, apartments, or hotels. In February and early March, most hostals and small hotels were closed. From Pavia, it was necessary to walk 45 km to an agriturismo in San Colombano to find a place to sleep. I think most hostals are opening now that we're into April and Italians are beginning to hit the trail.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Can you please elaborate on the Ukrainian refugee part please?????? While I am aware of what's going on in Ukraine, I am not aware of the current situation regarding Italy and the refugee's.
Thank you in advance.
The Ostellos are accommodating Ukrainian refugees.

All the best, John.
There used to be the Casa del Pellegrino della Confraternita di San Rocco, via Roma 49. Perhaps it has closed? From memory it was very run down.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Tom,
Was/is that the one run by "Marina" and her husband by chance????
Sounds right. It's been a while. When I got there late, there was just a take out menu in the room. After one week in Italy, phoning in an order was beyond me. I believe it was Marina who came to assist. She also spoke no English, but it's much easier to communicate in person.

Sounds right. It's been a while. When I got there late, there was just a take out menu in the room. After one week in Italy, phoning in an order was beyond me. I believe it was Marina who came to assist. She also spoke no English, but it's much easier to communicate in person.
Forgot to mention that it's the Agriturismo San Bruno, if that helps.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.