Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation near Asturias

oldman

oldman
Time of past OR future Camino
C/Frances. SJPP - Estella May 2009.
C/frances. SJPP - Santiago April/ May 2013.
C/Finisterre. Santiag - Finisterre - Muxia May 2013.
C/Ingles. Ferrol - Santiago May 2013.
C/Frances. SJPP - Santiago May - June 2015.
C/Finisterre. Santiago - Muxia - Finisrerre - Cee. June 2015.
C/Frances. Logrono - Burgos May 2016.
Hi All
A question for the Brains Trust.
I intend to walk the Camino Primitivo starting on the Monday 3nd of July arriving in Asturias airport from London on the 1st July at 21.30 , can anyone suggest where i might get accommodation for the night locally for Saturday night ( 1st ) and I want to spend Sunday in Oviedo so I will also need a place for Sunday night also.
Or would I be better to Taxi into Oviedo on the Friday night and book somewhere for the two nights.
Thanks In advance
Buen Camino.
Oldman

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Looks like there's an 11 pm bus you could get. http://www.toandfromtheairport.com/cantabria.html
You'll see the big price difference -- taxi 40-45 euros, bus 5.45 euros.

I would definitely spend both nights in Oviedo instead of staying the first night by the airport. You'd have to get to the hotel that night and then get to the city the next day -- IMO, much better to do it all in one fell swoop.

You could spend your second night in the albergue, but they probably won't let you sleep two nights there. There is a private hostel type place some people like, called La Peregrina. http://www.hostallaperegrina.com/ Fantastic location but I've never stayed there.

I have stayed many times in Oviedo and usually just get on booking.com when I'm a few days out and fine a nice hotel -- I've been lucky -- last year I was in a centrally located 4**** that was under 40 euros, I think.

Buen camino, you're going to love it! Buen camino, Laurie

If you miss the last bus into town, taking a taxi into Oviedo will be expensive as the airport is some 45 minutes away. Perhpas a hostal near the airport for the first night and then the bus into Oviedo in the morning then. If not, straight to Oviedo, with a reservation and letting them know you'll be on the last bus.

Two pensiones I've stayed in in Oviedo, both in the main street:

Hostal Oviedo, at the very top of calle Uria, across the street from the train station or Pension Romero, a couple of blocks down.

http://www.hostalromero.net/
http://www.hostaloviedo.com/

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks a lot Laurie I will check them out tomorrow.

Just booked into Pension Romero for the two nights

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just booked into Pension Romero for the two nights
FYI, it is not clearly visible from the street. You must ring the bell in a buildingto the left of theMcDonald's (when facing it). The building looks like a residential building with a large and heavy wooden door. The pension is in one of the building's flats.

thanks for that

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.