A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Accommodation Negreira / Oliveiroa Stage

Patri Ire

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Finisterre (June 2018) (. Ingles (2019)
Hello. My brother and I ( both 60 plus) are planning our first Camino in June. We are walking from Santiago to Fisterra....being Irish and originally from the west coast we are drawn to the Atlantic! We have decided to split the journey between Negreira and Olveiroa as 33 kilometers on day 2 would prove extremely challenging. I am looking for suitable accommodation mid way between both towns. Cornado appears to be half way but there does not seem to be any accommodation in that village. I am an inexperienced walker and after the first day (21 kilometers with a 2 .6 kilometer 1 /10 climb) I feel I shall need a much shorter walk with a comfortable bed at the end of it for day 2. Can anyone help ? ?

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Perhaps consider Restaurante Albergue O Rueiro in Vilaserio, a little before O Cornado:

Phone:+34 981 893 561
Email:contacto@restaurantealbergueorueiro.com

Their coordinates if you want to see their relative position on a map are 42.943465, -8.850004 (here that is on Google Maps). It's approx 12.8 km / 8.0 mi from Negreira.

Alternatively, there is Albergue Casa Pepa in Santa Mariña:

Phone: +34 981 852 881
Mobile: +34 686 234 342
Email: alberguecasapepa@yahoo.es

Coordinates: 42.956811, -8.918421 Google. That is another 7.9 km / 4.9 m of walking.

And nearby Casa Pepa is Albergue Santa Mariña:

Phone: +34 981 852 897
Mobile: +34 653 626 864
Email: casaantelo@gmail.com

Note, though, I'm not sure if they are still opened (they haven't responded to my inquiries). Their coordinates are 42.957341, -8.926247 Google. For whatever it is worth, I have never heard much good said about this place -- anytime pilgrims have written me about this place the feedback on it has been poor. Take that with a grain of salt, though, since everyone's experiences are different.

Hope that helps.

Camino(s) past & future
(2015) Camino Frances/Muxia/Fisterre (2017) Caminho Portuguese/Fisterre
(2019) Camino del Norte
Casa Pepa was open in June 2017. It was a wonderful respite on a very rainy day. It was also full, so consider calling in advance.

Casa Pepa is definitely still open. The one I wasn't sure about is Albergue Santa Mariña, which is on the highway just after the village itself. Someone doing research for me walked by there a couple of weeks ago but forgot to check it.

TaijiPilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2011), Camino Frances (2015), Camino Ingles (2017), Camino Muxia (2017)
Hello. My brother and I ( both 60 plus) are planning our first Camino in June. We are walking from Santiago to Fisterra....being Irish and originally from the west coast we are drawn to the Atlantic! We have decided to split the journey between Negreira and Olveiroa as 33 kilometers on day 2 would prove extremely challenging. I am looking for suitable accommodation mid way between both towns. Cornado appears to be half way but there does not seem to be any accommodation in that village. I am an inexperienced walker and after the first day (21 kilometers with a 2 .6 kilometer 1 /10 climb) I feel I shall need a much shorter walk with a comfortable bed at the end of it for day 2. Can anyone help ? ?
In Vilaserio, in May 2017 there was also an albergue at a farm that served a wonderful pilgrim meal. Don't recall the name, but someone else might know.

Patri Ire

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you for that information Taiji Pilgrim..I have looked up that Albergue and it looks great. I have contacted them this morning.

NomadBoomer

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (September 2017), Vdlp (April 2018)
We stayed in Casa Vella in Vilaserio a few nights ago. Lovely albergue. We did not book it got fairly full. I would have dinner at the bar next door tho.

Patri Ire

Camino(s) past & future
Thankyou so much for this information. In fact today I made contact with this Albergue as another member had mentioned it but couldn't remember the name. I am happy to hear that it is a good place to stay. We were intending to eat there but you seem to be suggesting that the its better to eat elsewhere. I shall take your advise. Many thanks

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%