• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation Negreira / Oliveiroa Stage

Patri Ire

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Finisterre (June 2018) (. Ingles (2019)
Hello. My brother and I ( both 60 plus) are planning our first Camino in June. We are walking from Santiago to Fisterra....being Irish and originally from the west coast we are drawn to the Atlantic! We have decided to split the journey between Negreira and Olveiroa as 33 kilometers on day 2 would prove extremely challenging. I am looking for suitable accommodation mid way between both towns. Cornado appears to be half way but there does not seem to be any accommodation in that village. I am an inexperienced walker and after the first day (21 kilometers with a 2 .6 kilometer 1 /10 climb) I feel I shall need a much shorter walk with a comfortable bed at the end of it for day 2. Can anyone help ? ?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Perhaps consider Restaurante Albergue O Rueiro in Vilaserio, a little before O Cornado:

Phone:+34 981 893 561
Email:contacto@restaurantealbergueorueiro.com

Their coordinates if you want to see their relative position on a map are 42.943465, -8.850004 (here that is on Google Maps). It's approx 12.8 km / 8.0 mi from Negreira.

Alternatively, there is Albergue Casa Pepa in Santa Mariña:

Phone: +34 981 852 881
Mobile: +34 686 234 342
Email: alberguecasapepa@yahoo.es

Coordinates: 42.956811, -8.918421 Google. That is another 7.9 km / 4.9 m of walking.

And nearby Casa Pepa is Albergue Santa Mariña:

Phone: +34 981 852 897
Mobile: +34 653 626 864
Email: casaantelo@gmail.com

Note, though, I'm not sure if they are still opened (they haven't responded to my inquiries). Their coordinates are 42.957341, -8.926247 Google. For whatever it is worth, I have never heard much good said about this place -- anytime pilgrims have written me about this place the feedback on it has been poor. Take that with a grain of salt, though, since everyone's experiences are different.

Hope that helps.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
LOL. I saw Margaret's post immediately after I posted mine and she likes Casa Pepa -- I will definitely defer to her! :)
No need to defer! Perhaps the night I was there more seasoning had been used. Remember "chacun à son gout".

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Casa Pepa is definitely still open. The one I wasn't sure about is Albergue Santa Mariña, which is on the highway just after the village itself. Someone doing research for me walked by there a couple of weeks ago but forgot to check it.

Thank you all .I shall investigate your suggestions ,what a mine of information!!!

Hello. My brother and I ( both 60 plus) are planning our first Camino in June. We are walking from Santiago to Fisterra....being Irish and originally from the west coast we are drawn to the Atlantic! We have decided to split the journey between Negreira and Olveiroa as 33 kilometers on day 2 would prove extremely challenging. I am looking for suitable accommodation mid way between both towns. Cornado appears to be half way but there does not seem to be any accommodation in that village. I am an inexperienced walker and after the first day (21 kilometers with a 2 .6 kilometer 1 /10 climb) I feel I shall need a much shorter walk with a comfortable bed at the end of it for day 2. Can anyone help ? ?
In Vilaserio, in May 2017 there was also an albergue at a farm that served a wonderful pilgrim meal. Don't recall the name, but someone else might know.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you for that information Taiji Pilgrim..I have looked up that Albergue and it looks great. I have contacted them this morning.

We stayed in Casa Vella in Vilaserio a few nights ago. Lovely albergue. We did not book it got fairly full. I would have dinner at the bar next door tho.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thankyou so much for this information. In fact today I made contact with this Albergue as another member had mentioned it but couldn't remember the name. I am happy to hear that it is a good place to stay. We were intending to eat there but you seem to be suggesting that the its better to eat elsewhere. I shall take your advise. Many thanks

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back