Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Accommodation on the North Highland Way

Year of past OR future Camino
None at the moment... but am walking the North Highland Way...
We have stopped development work on the North Highland Way due to lack of funds. Of course, the route is still there but we would have liked to make it better.
Anyway, can anyone advise the best way to list accommodation on here so we can earn revenue for the project? We cannot ask folk to advertise - social media has overtaken in this regard..

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Walkerooni

C. Frances SJPdP to Santiago (June-ish 2018)
Are you asking administrators of the Camino website to help you develop a website for the North Highland Way? Because, while I hear the North Highland Way is a lovely walk, asking a Camino site to post accommodation lists for a non-Camino walk seems inappropriate.

We have stopped development work on the North Highland Way due to lack of funds. Of course, the route is still there but we would have liked to make it better.
Anyway, can anyone advise the best way to list accommodation on here so we can earn revenue for the project? We cannot ask folk to advertise - social media has overtaken in this regard..
Perhaps you need to talk to the local County Councils to be included in their lists?
I have just quickly scanned results for the West Highland Way and the Great Glen Way. I see you have a presence on the Web also. I would not come to this forum to look for accommodation on the North Highland Way.

Are you asking administrators of the Camino website to help you develop a website for the North Highland Way? Because, while I hear the North Highland Way is a lovely walk, asking a Camino site to post accommodation lists for a non-Camino walk seems inappropriate.
OK point taken. I will do it myself. Except I don't live there nowadays.. Kind regards.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Perhaps you need to talk to the local County Councils to be included in their lists?
I have just quickly scanned results for the West Highland Way and the Great Glen Way. I see you have a presence on the Web also. I would not come to this forum to look for accommodation on the North Highland Way.
This is the only place you would find it. The Highland Council does not provide accommodation listings. I worked there for 16 years. There is one Council for the whole of the Highlands. The West Highland Way and the Great Glen Way are both run by public services.

We are now linked up with a local travel agent in Portadown who work closely with Camino Ways. Watch this space for accommodation! If you want an experience of the true wilderness in Scotland, look no further than the Mountain Bothies...Mountain Bothies

Great starting point Sandras Backpackers. They can offer bag transfer... please ask when booking.

Last edited:

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings