• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation on the North Highland Way

Time of past OR future Camino
None at the moment... but am walking the North Highland Way...
We have stopped development work on the North Highland Way due to lack of funds. Of course, the route is still there but we would have liked to make it better.
Anyway, can anyone advise the best way to list accommodation on here so we can earn revenue for the project? We cannot ask folk to advertise - social media has overtaken in this regard..

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Are you asking administrators of the Camino website to help you develop a website for the North Highland Way? Because, while I hear the North Highland Way is a lovely walk, asking a Camino site to post accommodation lists for a non-Camino walk seems inappropriate.

We have stopped development work on the North Highland Way due to lack of funds. Of course, the route is still there but we would have liked to make it better.
Anyway, can anyone advise the best way to list accommodation on here so we can earn revenue for the project? We cannot ask folk to advertise - social media has overtaken in this regard..
Perhaps you need to talk to the local County Councils to be included in their lists?
I have just quickly scanned results for the West Highland Way and the Great Glen Way. I see you have a presence on the Web also. I would not come to this forum to look for accommodation on the North Highland Way.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Are you asking administrators of the Camino website to help you develop a website for the North Highland Way? Because, while I hear the North Highland Way is a lovely walk, asking a Camino site to post accommodation lists for a non-Camino walk seems inappropriate.
OK point taken. I will do it myself. Except I don't live there nowadays.. Kind regards.

Perhaps you need to talk to the local County Councils to be included in their lists?
I have just quickly scanned results for the West Highland Way and the Great Glen Way. I see you have a presence on the Web also. I would not come to this forum to look for accommodation on the North Highland Way.
This is the only place you would find it. The Highland Council does not provide accommodation listings. I worked there for 16 years. There is one Council for the whole of the Highlands. The West Highland Way and the Great Glen Way are both run by public services.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We are now linked up with a local travel agent in Portadown who work closely with Camino Ways. Watch this space for accommodation! If you want an experience of the true wilderness in Scotland, look no further than the Mountain Bothies...Mountain Bothies

Great starting point Sandras Backpackers. They can offer bag transfer... please ask when booking.

Last edited:
The Highland Council does not have a list I am afraid. You would need to look at our own web site.

We are now doing beach cleans on The North Highland Way, and on the east coast between Inverness and John O Groats, ie the Moray Firth Trail. This is another great trail to follow. We have also linked up with Orkney, who have a Pilgrims Trail, and with Northern Ireland where we source bicycles to raise money for developing the North Highland Way. In January 2024, we will be starting to resurvey the route and talk to landowners to ensure that all is fine with them.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We have started to add those accommodation providers with green credentials to our web site, such as the Forss House Hotel. https://www.forsshousehotel.co.uk/ Not the usual bunkhouse, but a beautiful site. A stated, the Council does not have a list. The Long Distance Walkers Association also has a list. https://ldwa.org.uk/ The Long Distance Walkers Association helped us set up the North Highland Way. I will be recceing it again in April to see where we can improve the pathworks. Some are just too close to the edge of high cliffs and very dangerous, especially with geos to catch out the uninitiated.

Attachments

• campbell.jpg
    campbell.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 1
You are right of course...but we are doing it anyway.....in this area no one works together. They have wanted the North Highland Way for 30 years, and we still have difficulties.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

An article in the weekend edition of the Irish Times. I hope it can be accessed. If not, just follow the website above. Go n-éirí an bóthar leat, Credit for Gaelic version, @wayfarer...
The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.