• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation on the Salvador — May 2021

peregrina2000

Staff member
Just chatted with Cuñarro/Ender about the Salvador. He says it can be walked “sin problema” but the public albergues are closed. He suggests:

La Robla Pensión Mundo 25€

Poladura El Embrujo precio peregrino 15 € (that’s a steal!)

Llanos de Somerón Albergue el Cascoxu 20€ desayuno incluído — that’s a new one to me.

Pola de Lena and Mieres lots of places from 25€

Would love to hear back from anyone who’s planning to go soon! He also says ”his mountains” are beautiful these days!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I spent the afternoon contacting accommodations along the Salvador and Primitivo and received information from Spanish pilgrims starting out this week. They all confirmed the above information.

Sandra in Bendueños said that she will open up on June 8th but suggested that I stay with her friend Pablo in Llanos de Somerón. It´s the new albergue mentioned above.

Also a heads-up that the Albergue de Peregrinos in Oviedo is open and accepts reservations info@caminosantiagoastur.com.

I'll post if I find out anything else.

Just chatted with Cuñarro/Ender about the Salvador. He says it can be walked “sin problema” but the public albergues are closed. He suggests:

Llanos de Somerón Albergue el Cascoxu 20€ desayuno incluído — that’s a new one to me.

Would love to hear back from anyone who’s planning to go soon! He also says ”his mountains” are beautiful these days!
so despite the price of private accommodation, it would be a restful Camino. Actually, 15E and 20E is very good.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

As you know I will start out from León on June 4th.

And here are some more possibilites for those doing the stages León - Pola de Gordon and Pola de Gordon - Pájares.

Pola de Gordon:
Pensión 15 de Mayo (tel 0034 619 444 000): 20 euros and
Mesón de Miguel 20 euros (tel 0034 987 588 303) 20 euros

Pájares:
Pension el Mirador (tel 0034636 933069) 30 eurod
Posada Real de Pájares (tel 0034 600 330) 45 euros individual, 60 euros double

As you can see, one walking now will need to budget a major increase if you are used to staying in municipal albergues.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Two more options open now with pilgrim prices.

In Pola de Lena
— Hostal Payeta 20€, room with bath, bkfts included in the bar down the street.

— Hotel Lena 35€
Buen camino to all you lucky ones heading out soon. Laurie

Just to add — I called the Payeta to make a reservation for a friend, and she thought I was calling to reserve for tonight. “Sorry but we are full” was her response.

So if you are going to walk this camino, or any other for that matter, I think reservations are a good idea these days. Kind of a bummer, but it seems to be the reality.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back