• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation on Variants Spiritual

Jamie Y. Mo

A lifelong learner and wanderer
Time of past OR future Camino
CF (May-July/2017) PC (May-July/2018) and more...
Hello,
I found out about this detour route a few days ago from a fellow pilgrim and I'm considering to take this route once I reach pontevedra..

Just crossed my mind where I can spend the night and how affordable they are as I have no information about albergue or hostel or hotel...along the way..

Thank you.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Jaime.
There is an Albergue in Armenteira - cost is approx 8 euros. There is also a monestary there but it was closed when I was passing through last month, so don't know details on cost.
in Vilavova de Arousa there is an albergue and also plenty of private accommodations.
Most folks take the ferry from Vilanova to just outside Pedron so it's up to you how far you walk that day, or if you want to walk the whole way to Santiago.
Recommend the Variante Espiritual though - it's a beautiful diversion and much quieter than the Central route.
Bue Camino.
Shane

Hello

Are the albergues in Armenteira and Vilanova open in May???

Have a nice day.
Solsito

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I guess it was still May when I passed Armenteira two years ago, but maybe it was one of the first days in June.
Generally I expect Albergues in Spain to be open from Easter to October, if not all year round. I would ask at the Albergue in Pontevedra just to be sure.

At the time you made your mind contact the Albergues (https://variante-espiritual.webs.com/contactos-utilidades) or the turism office in Pontevedra.

If you can live without albergues you have a Restaurant/Pension "Taberna os Castaños" about 2 hours after Armenteira and private accomodation in Vilanova. If you think that's too long take another way out of Pontevedra towards Combarro. see https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#?map=13!42.4502!-8.6923

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back