• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation options along the Via Gebennensis pilgrimage route from Geneva in 2021

Wagner team

Time of past OR future Camino
Apr 2022 Geneva to Santiago to total our 10000km
We are looking for a accommodation list 2021 from Geneva. If any pilgrim did the walk recently with some info it will help us a lot with our planning.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi
use the yellow guide from ARA association
I walk Geneva to Le Puy in september 2020 and i never sleep outside….

The «guide jaune» is certainly recommended as Shangri35 says ... there is a new edition due very soon, in the next few weeks ... you can order your copy here <https://boutique.amis-st-jacques-ara.com/guides/> ... if you are not interested in buying the guide then you might like to search [back] through earlier posts to find advice on selected accommodations 🙏 Good luck et bon chemin 👣👣👣

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
and here’s the flyer for the «Guide Jaune» ... bonne continuation 👣👣👣

Attachments

• flyer_guide_jaune.pdf
    396.7 KB · Views: 85
We are looking for a accommodation list 2021 from Geneva. If any pilgrim did the walk recently with some info it will help us a lot with our planning.
Hello, I have the yellow book and had plans to walk in 2020. I plan to arrive in Geneva this May 1 and will try it again . Hopefully you read German or French.
I too wonder if anyone walked it in 2021, and would love more beta. I am just wondering if people will be letting others in their homes with Covid numbers so high. Still have 3 months to see where this go. Curious what are your plans?

Hi, I'm flying into Geneva on the 28th of April and got two different versions of a guidebook for Geneve to Le Puy, one is what is referred to as the yellow book above, by the Association Rhone-Alpes des Amis de Saint-Jacques. It's in German and French ad is the 2020-2021 edition. It still lists "Accueils Jacquaires"...people who are hosting hikers and pilgrims in addition to the pilgrim hostels and hotels on the way.

I also got the GR65 TopoGuides from Geneve - Le Puy, in French. which has slightly larger and more easily readable maps. I wasn't quite aware of what I ordered until I got it. :D
I've decided to bring the TopoGuides produced by the FFRandonnee and just the pages with accommodations from the yellow book from ARA.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, I'm flying into Geneva on the 28th of April and got two different versions of a guidebook for Geneve to Le Puy, one is what is referred to as the yellow book above, by the Association Rhone-Alpes des Amis de Saint-Jacques. It's in German and French ad is the 2020-2021 edition. It still lists "Accueils Jacquaires"...people who are hosting hikers and pilgrims in addition to the pilgrim hostels and hotels on the way.

I also got the GR65 TopoGuides from Geneve - Le Puy, in French. which has slightly larger and more easily readable maps. I wasn't quite aware of what I ordered until I got it. :D
I've decided to bring the TopoGuides produced by the FFRandonnee and just the pages with accommodations from the yellow book from ARA.

I realize that the answer to the question would be better answered by the most recent version of the yellow book. Oh well...

Hello @ Tone-Lise, I also have those books. My husband and I start walking out of Geneva on May 3rd so we will be right behind you. Have 2 weeks to get to Le Puy. How about you? Hopefully you updated the list of lodging which is done by scanning the bar code in the back of the yellow book.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello @ Tone-Lise, I also have those books. My husband and I start walking out of Geneva on May 3rd so we will be right behind you. Have 2 weeks to get to Le Puy. How about you? Hopefully you updated the list of lodging which is done by scanning the bar code in the back of the yellow book.
Thanks for the bar code tip Suzanne! Just today I went through the added three pages of corrections that came with the 20/21 guide...but will try the scanning as well.
My "plan" is to walk for four weeks and see where I end up. Figured I should make it Conques or somewhere there about.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello, I have the yellow book and had plans to walk in 2020. I plan to arrive in Geneva this May 1 and will try it again . Hopefully you read German or French.
I too wonder if anyone walked it in 2021, and would love more beta. I am just wondering if people will be letting others in their homes with Covid numbers so high. Still have 3 months to see where this go. Curious what are your plans?
I plan to start on or about April 1, 2023 if you still have not done the walk.

did you receive a list of accommodation?
can you send me please?

We did do the Genève to Le Puy over 2 years as last year came down with Covid half way.
I highly recommend it, its better if you speak French as I found the home stay people didn't speak much English, or maybe I never tried to speak English with them. I think you could use the current yellow book as they will send you updates though a QR code. I no longer have the book so am going off my notes.
So my itinerary will be from two different years 2022 May, and 2023 May.
Day 1 (2022) Geneva (stayed at Ibis Styles in Carrouge which is basically next to the trail. It was not a truly budget place but included breakfast.
Day 2 14. 3 miles walked to Charly ( there is a gite there but had already arranged for Clement Besson to pick us up in Contamin-Sarzien (Accueil Randonner) You will miss a part of the trail if he picks you up but he is also right next to the trail. Demi-pension (DP) which is dinner and breakfast. **
Day 3 13.8 miles Seyssels (hotel Fil de L'Eau) no meals
Day 4 14.5 miles Chanaz , (Gite El Camino) DP **
Day 5 12.2 miles Yenne , Clos de Capuchins DP **
Day 6 18.7 miles St Genix Sur Guriers (camping in cabins) no meals but town and supermarket near by ***
Day 7 14.9 miles Valencogne Accueils Jacquaire (Annette) DP ***
Day 8 13.9 miles Le Grand Lemps, Accueil Jacquaire ( Patrice and Monique Verona) DP ***
Day 9 did n't walk but 6 miles Faramans, Accueil Jacquaire (Jacqueline Charel) DP *****
COVID
Day 9 (2023) Le Grand Lemps (Le Mas Dauphine) no dinner ( train from Paris to Lyon, Grenoble to Le Grand Lemps)
Day 10 14.1 miles Faramans with Jacqueline again DP *****
Day 11 13.6 miles Bellagarde Poussieu Chez Yvette +33 06 66 84 71 41 she was not in book. She will pick you up DP ***
Day 12 10.1 miles Chavanay, Chez Ghilaine (06 85 78 30 09) DP
Day 13 16.9 miles Bourg-Argental , Isba de la Tortue NO dinner
Day 14 11.6 miles Clanas, Maison Marcon ( DP but had to heat up food) **
Day 15 11.7 miles Montfacon, Gite Le Jardin de Mirandou DP organic food ***
Day 16 11.7 miles Saint Jaures, Gite Le Fougal DP ***
Day 17 12.0 miles Saint Julien Chapeutil, Maisonevue, breakfast only I remember kind of expensive for only BF , but other place was full.
Day 18 12.2 miles Le Puy, Une coquilee Sous l'Oreiller (no meals) **

You could easily do this under 18 days as you can see the mileage for 2023 we started out slow. But it was enjoyable to have a lot of time. I would say that while we tried to conserve costs we were not on a strict budget. We always looked for Demi-Pension as well, and most places had that.
Few people take the route, but just enough to have contact with folks. We looked for private rooms but Accueils Jacquaires offer that.
The mileage also includes walking around after getting there, but its a rough estimate.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello All! I have tried for some time without success to find information online about accommodation along the Via Gebennensis. The 'Online Guide' offered by this website doesn't cover this route...
Hi All I will walk from Geneva to St. Jean Pied de Port in late August. But I want to concentrate on the route from Geneva to Le Puy first. I have never walked in France; unfortunately, I do not...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back