Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation options in/near Cornellana: municipal albergue (the monastery), Roca Madre

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Primitivo
I was planning to stay at the municipal albergue in Cornellana (the monastery - I'm appealed by the history of the space), but I recently learned about a donativo just 1 km from town where I assume I could make a reservation in advance: Roca Madre. Does anyone have experiences there?

Thank you!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I do! Well, not as an overnighting pilgrim but I did visit them for the most recent update to the Primitivo app. The hospitaleros abandoned a busy life in Madrid for something much much different along the camino. The facilities are very nice, and I would recommend it as one of the more traditional accommodations along the way. It is a 'new donativo' (which does not equal free) and those are very rare these days. There isn't much to do in the village, as it is just a small hamlet smashed up against the national road, but that only helps.

I do! Well, not as an overnighting pilgrim but I did visit them for the most recent update to the Primitivo app. The hospitaleros abandoned a busy life in Madrid for something much much different along the camino. The facilities are very nice, and I would recommend it as one of the more traditional accommodations along the way. It is a 'new donativo' (which does not equal free) and those are very rare these days. There isn't much to do in the village, as it is just a small hamlet smashed up against the national road, but that only helps.
Thank you! And thanks again for your Wise Pilgrim guide and app updates. It is my go-to.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I was planning to stay at the municipal albergue in Cornellana (the monastery - I'm appealed by the history of the space), but I recently learned about a donativo just 1 km from town where I assume I could make a reservation in advance: Roca Madre. Does anyone have experiences there?

Thank you!
Do stay there!!!! It is beautiful inside, well equipped, and Diego is a wonderful host! I went there in June and was not disappointed. He will reserve a bed if you call him. His English isn’t perfect, but you should learn to say the few necessary words of Spanish to make that call anyway!

By the way, the Primitivo is a challenging route!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record…. Is either of them dog friendly? 😉 I’m already assuming the municipal/monastery albergue is not…

(Genuine question! Planning for sept/oct)

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.