• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation Photographs

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ian and Rosie

Very interested in your photos - especially of the albergue in Bruma, as we are hoping to stop there.

It looks as though there are no blankets - did you take sleeping bags? If so, how did you get them AND that kettle into packs that would fit the Ryan air cabin limits - or did you check them in?

I know folks keep telling me that for one night it's better to put on all your clothes and manage with a sheet sleeping bag than carry too much, but I am dubious about my (and Peter's) ability to survive a chilly night!

I have now realised what the black thing in - you see I am more interested in the kettle as cups of tea are more important to me, particularly with a square or two of very dark chocolate.

hi Bridget
yes there are blankets at Bruma for some strange reason we were issued with 3 (rosie took 2!!) I'm sure if you asked he would give you more,I did have a lightweight silk sleeping bag and that and the blanket was ok for me.rosie was fully clothed with a wollen hat on and sleeped fine but she didn't shower that night or morning -couldn't face going outside,the ends of her fingers go white if she is cold.
the travelling kettle is small and lightweight takes less than a pint and cost ÂŁ7.50 and was invaluable, like you I love my tea and Rosie does not function without her coffee.
it took up no space (rosie packed her underwear in it :oops: ) what did take up the space was the flask and we never used it and rosie was searched because of it (metal--the x-ray couldn't see the contents)
I made up a cardboard box with the dimensions of the allowed hand luggage as I'm a bit of a worry-wart-my bag was over rosie's with the kettle was under but we wore lots of clothes. no problem going and even less coming back,didn't see anyone stopped either tho lots were carring more than us. good luck with the walk relax .
the waymarks on the road to bruma and stig have small stones on them I have left things on as well (i got a bit lateral) points can be earned if identified
Ian and Rosie
http://sagalouts-theroadtonowhere.blogspot.com/

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back