• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation question mozarabe route

K murphy

Time of past OR future Camino
2015 2014
Hi
We will be getting the bus from Malaga to Granada in Sept to start walking the mozarabe route. Our bus gets in to Granada at 1230. Does anyone know if we have to walk to pinos puente (19k) or is there any accommodation before this?
Also are there any guide books on this route or if not can anyone reccomend online resources I can look at.
Any responses greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Karen

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Have a look at this website. On the right, the top link goes to a guide for the Mozarabe in Spanish, updated June-July 2019. It lists accommodation priced at €25 or less. It doesn't show anything between Granada and Pinos Puente, but several hotels in Atarfe are listed on booking.com.

I took a taxi from Granada to Pinos Puente and then walked to Moclín.

Last edited:
The Camino Mozárabe from Granada passes through Atarfe (after 7.5 miles). There is accomodation In Atarfe, but only hotels (4). Although they're reasonably priced (about € 40,-), the first albergue is indeed in Pinos Puente.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Bear in mind that the section from Granda to Pinos Puente is quite boring and ugly. If you're not walking to Granada, you might as well take a city bus to Pinos Puente and start the walk from there. That's what I'd do.

There are some suggestions in the thread that I linked to above on where to start if you're taking a bus out of Granda to save on some walking along the highway/through roadworks.

Have a look at this website. On the right, the top link goes to a guide for the Mozarabe in Spanish, updated June-July 2019. It lists accommodation priced at €25 or less. It doesn't show anything between Granada and Pinos Puente, but several hotels in Atarfe are listed on booking.com.

I took a taxi from Granada to Pinos Puente and then walked to Moclín.

Not sure if it’s just me but I can’t open the link, comes up an error.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you're not walking to Granada, you might as well take a city bus to Pinos Puente
I agree that the stage from Granada to Pinos Puente is very missable. That said, I think it would be a shame not to spend sone time in Granada, stay with the nuns at the convent of Santiago and visit the Alhambra.

If you decide to take the bus to Pinos Puente (or Olivares), I believe you need bus number 323
I don't think it leaves from the bus station - You need to catch it at the Avenida de Andalusia. (But there may also be Alsa buses from the bus station).
#323 runs from Monday to Friday (and just one service on Saturday) with stops in Pinos Puente, Olivares, and Moclin. Saturday is touch and go - it will leave soon after the OP arrives. On a Sunday, there is no bus.

If your plan is just to a cheap albergue for the night, I would suggest Pinos Puente, which has a basic but alright albergue. If you feel like a short, but strenuous uphill walk, I suggest starting in Olivares and walking up to Moclin. At the top of the hill in Moclin is the Albergue de peregrinos La Fundación, which is 18-19 Euros I think (a little overpriced in my opinion, but still affordable).

At the top of the hill in Moclin is the Albergue de peregrinos La Fundación, which is 18-19 Euros I think (a little overpriced in my opinion, but still affordable).

If it's fully booked like it was when I turned up there, the village has several more accomodation options. I ended paying EUR25 for an apartment at the wonderful Casa de la Placeta del Rincon. It's in a converted 18th century barracks right underneath the castle ramparts. I had the place to myself. The pool looked nice, too even though I had no use for it in March.

All in all, I agree with @Raggy , you are not missing anything should you decide to skip the stretch to Pinos Puente. The town itself is worth a quick look, though., if only for the historic bridge that gives it its name and that has been the key passage to Elvira/Granada for some ten centuries.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I stayed at the "albergue" last month. It's also a casa rural. The owner left the key under a bucket. There were 3 floors..top had ping pong and pool table. Single beds with sheets..fully equipped kitchen. All for just me. I paid Carlos €10 at the supermarket.
There is a hotel in Atarfe.
The climb to Moclin is a killer!

Most read last week in this forum

We have now completed the Camino Mozarabe, walking from Almeria to Merida. Gerard and I documented our walk, in English and Dutch, in our Find Penguins blog, which you can access here...
Our suggestions for updates to the Mozerabe Guide 1.Ocaña: We had some trouble finding the albergue. Keep following the Camino route and look for the blue albergue marker beside the church. The...
The Almería Association has just published a book compiling the comments of female pilgrims from all over. The presentation of the book was last week in the Museo de las Peregrinaciones in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back