• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation requirements for Schengen Visa

Valeriel

Time of past OR future Camino
No previous Caminos. Arles from Pau then onto Somporte, the Camino Aragones and possibly to do route
Good day,
I really need advice from any Namibian who has walked the Camino regarding the Schengen Visa requirement. How did you go about booking accommodation for every night on the Camino?
Regards,
Valerie

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Good day,
I really need advice from any Namibian who has walked the Camino regarding the Schengen Visa requirement. How did you go about booking accommodation for every night on the Camino?
Regards,
Valerie

Check out these earlier tips for South African pilgrims.

Good luck and Buen camino!

Booking.com is very useful for booking, and many places accept direct bookings (phone or email) eg Orrisson and Roncesvalles and many others.
I suggest working out your walk roughly in terms of stages and then checking out some of the favorite albergue threads to see which of these will be in the towns/ villages you have chosen, and seeing if you can book directly. I believe that is cheaper than booking.com.,

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you all.
Buen Camino

Good day,
Regards,
Valerie
Valerie, if you belong to the confraternaty of st. James, they issue you with a letter to the Spanish embasy stating you are walking the camino and thus only need accommodation for the first night. Call me. On 0811270396

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back