• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation Siena to Rome

GerFol

Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018. Camino Frances
2014. Camino Portaguese
2016. Camino Primitivo
Hello forum members,
I'm planning to walk the stages of the Via Francigena from Siena to Rome. I would be grateful for any information on hostel/albergue accommodation along the way. What can I expect to pay? Is it necessary to book in advance? Are many bed spaces available? What's the infrastructure like? I've completed the entire Camino Frances a number of times and I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect on the Via Francigena compared to the Camino and to estimate daily costings for the trip.
Regards,
Ger.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You might find more information on another forum run by Ivar: www.viafrancigena.me

There is an official website for the Via Francigena where you can download detailed maps and accommodation lists: www.viefrancigene.org

There is dedicated pilgrim accommodation in the section from Siena to Rome. Spaced further apart than along the Camino Frances and with much smaller numbers of beds. The special Year of Mercy may put extra strain on the infrastructure this year. Costs for pilgrim ostellos on the VF are similar to those in Spain: usually in the range 5-10€ or donativo. Booking in advance is possible for most places and mandatory for a few. The limited number of beds makes it a sensible precaution - though I walked last summer without reserving.

From my walk in 2011:

Siena: Accoglienza Santa Luisa, donativo
Ponte d'Arbia 26.1km, Centro Cresti, donativo
San Quirico d'Orcia 20.3km, Parr, € 9.00
Radicofani 27.7km, Hospitalis S Pietro et Jacob, donativo
Acquapendente 24.4km, Confraternita San Rocco, donativo
Bolsena 22.1km, S Sacramento, donativo
Viterbo 32.6km, Casa Per Ferie "il Villino", € 25.00
Capranica 28.6km, B&B Monticelli, € 40.00
Campagnana di Roma 24.1km, Parr S giovani Battista, donativo
La Storta 24.4km, N S del Scaro Cuore, € 22.00
ROMA 15.8km, Spedale della Provvidenza, donativo

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.