A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Accommodation updates

Kate48

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2016; Camino Sanabres 2017; Via Podiensis to Figeac 2018; Figeac to SJPDP 2019
not sure if remarked on previously but Casa Tomas in Xunqueria is apparently burnt out. Xunta hostel comfy and equipped kitchen though.
Also Municipal in A Laxe is closed. There are several pensiones etc before but you must book ahead. We ended up taking taxi into Lalin to Hotel Paliccio who gave us a pilgrim discount and were very kind. The taxi driver arranged to take us back to the Camino where we'd left off next morning too.

A

Anemone del Camino

Thank you, I have made notes in my Kelly guidebook in case I decide to walk that way and not the Invierno. But very sad as both were apparently new ventures.

peregrina2000

Staff member
For anyone else on the Sanabrés who has to go into Lalín for the night because of closings, you should know that if you have the time, there is an easy way to walk from Lalín to A Laxe. Lalín is on the Camino de Invierno, and there is a marked river path, followed by a not so pleasant walk around the Lalín industrial park, but the distance to A Laxe is only 6 km, so a cab may be more hassle than it's worth.

More detail on that part in the forum guide to the Invierno: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...nvierno-2017-edition.535/download?version=435

Jopoke

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances September 2015
Lisbon to Santigo May 2016
Porto coastal route to Santiago Oct 2016
Al Acebo in Puerto de Bèjar closed at the moment.

Levi

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2015
VDLP 2016
Portuguese March 2017
Sanabres September 2017
Madrid September 2018
A Laxe albergue was open when we were coming through a few days ago.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock