• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

European Peace Walk - Accommodation: what are the costs ??

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Will there be opportunities to purchase food at stores along the way? On my Camino I preferred to purchase simple food for my midday meal and simply sit with it in nature. For example- Cheese, bread, olives, and tuna.

Hi Zola. Yes , absolutely. The Route has to pass shops/cafes/villages half way along a Stage, so that PeaceWalkers can find food & water. You will also be able to enjoy the experience of tasting how the food evolves along the Route........

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
What is the accommodation like? Are they big dormitories, or smaller rooms. What would be the maximum number of people in one room and also the minimum number in a room? I am just trying to work out what type of ear plugs I will need? Also what happens if for some reason I have to take a day off due to injury? (On one of my Caminos I slipped down the mountain in the mud. Thanks to a generous Canadian who helped me I was able to continue on with my journey.) Will there be accommodation if by chance I happen to fall behind by a day or two?? I don't plan on falling over the side of a mountain though!

Hi Cejanus. I know the Camino dorms that you are referring to. The EPW dorms are the normal, 4 to 8 people in a room. We did not get any complaints last year ( fingers crossed) of noisy roommates , and in too big a room. You can of course, spend a night or 2 to relax, in any location, after the 1st 5days. The first 5 days of the EPW are where the beds are most "valuable" ......... very limited space. 5 days into the EPW, and onwards, there is lots of space, and thus lots of beds to relax an extra day.

PS; No mountains :)

@European Peace Walk
Hi!
I'm coming from Slovenia and couldn't find info on "planned" stages either in Slovenian media or EPW web page. Some forum members were already asking that thus in different threads and I couldn't gave any info. So I'm aksing wheather you can provide this info? The list of villages/towns were pilgrims will sleep should do if this is not major nuissance for you. The rest I can figure out myself as I know most of the route and paths in Slovenia at least.
Thank you very much in advance!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
1. re Hungary and Croatia - wondering approximately how much of each currency (forint and kuna) should be estimated based on the time spent in those 2 countries?

2. I thought I read somewhere suggested places to spend an extra day along the route but I can't find it anymore. Anyone have ideas to share?

Last edited:
Yes, I would truly appreciate the suggestion on Hungarian and Croatian costs. I believe an earlier post I read said that all accoms accept Euros. But food and other daily needs would not.

True? So how much should be withdrawn?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yes, I would truly appreciate the suggestion on Hungarian and Croatian costs. I believe an earlier post I read said that all accoms accept Euros. But food and other daily needs would not.

Hi Zolarose, the info I was given was about 100 euros worth of Hungarian Forint and about the same for Croatian Kuna. I actually am taking a bit less than that, simply because I've been really hit hard by the drop of the Canadian Loonie (dollar).

Is it possible to book private or double rooms if we wish?

My understanding is no but I could be very wrong about that.
PW's are required to book their Vienna, Bratislava and Trieste nights so those are left to your choice. The rest along the way are organized by EPW crew. Some may be established accomodations but I believe some have been "created" specifically for the EPW.

Stay tuned and I'll let you know once I've seen it in person :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back