• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation

jhero

Can anyone give me any tips on accommodation on the porto to santiago route? Any info on getting your passport stamped would be welcome as well. Thanks.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Re: Accomadation

The AGACS (Galician Association) was repainting yellow arrows last year between Lisbon and Porto (until this moment, the worst marked part of the Portuguese Camino). After that, they published a free guide Lisbon-Santiago. As it's free, it's available in http://www.amigosdelcamino.com

About Albergues, I think the first one is in San Pedro de Rates (between Porto and Barcelos). I've heard there was another one in Barcelos, but I'm not sure. The one in Ponte de Lima will be ready soon. Another one in Rubiaes, just after the "Serra do Labruja". And the last one in Portugal just in Valenca do Minho, two kilometres before arriving to Tui.

In Spain, you have albergues in Tui, Porriño, Redondela, Pontevedra, ... ¡No albergue in Caldas de Rei! try an hostal, Padron, Teo and Santiago.

About stamps, I would recommend you to obtain the "carimbos" in the fire stations. The one in Barcelos is in Barcelinhos, just before pass the river to Barcelos. There's another one in Ponte de Lima. Sometimes, the "bombeiros" has offered the pilgrims some place to pass the night.

There's a very interesting "carimbo" in the church "S. Bom Jesus da Cruz" in Barcelos. Interesting church to visit, Barcelos is not only the archeologic Museum. In that church, the Carimbo is pressed on your credential raised, without ink.

Have a very good Camino Portugues.

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Do you know if the albergues on the portuguese camino are open in November? I will start next week.
Thank you in advance

Peregriina

The albergues from the spanish side ... I found it opened in february, so I imagine it are opened now.

The portuguese side ... I don't know. It didn't exist three years ago.

The one in Valenca don Minho has a paper outside the door with the mobile number of the hospitalero. So, may be closed, but it's possible to sleep in. I suppose it's the same in others, in other Caminos it's the normal way to obtain the keys of the albergue.

Hope you enjoy your Camino Portuguese,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Thank you very much, Javier! Looks like walking the Camino Portuguese will be somewhat more adventurous than the Frances :)
Buen Camino!
Peregriina

Peregriina

As I will probably leave Lisbon in March 08 to go to Santiago, I am most interested to read your comments on this route.

Please tell us about it soon on your return.

Buen Camino to you.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back