• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation

1elantra

Time of past OR future Camino
way of St James
Hi all. Any suggestions for accommodation in Portomarin , Palas de Rei, Ribadiso and Pedrouzo arca please?

Thanks. Good Way

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi all. Any suggestions for accommodation in Portomarin , Palas de Rei, Ribadiso and Pedrouzo arca please?

Thanks. Good Way
1 elantra,
In the four places which you cite I have always stayed in municipal albergues. However such albergues did not take reservations. If you want to reserve or wish more comfort you will find a wide selection in the online
Gronze Camino Frances .

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Albergues in dorms are fine. Just wondering what people may recommend
It may vary a bit by season, but once you get within 100km of Santiago you will find that very few of the albugues make it onto the “highly recommended” lists. There are places which manage to be a bit more personal than others, but most are simply too busy to be exceptional. So when you are searching in your favorite app or website, a characteristic to look for is size; aim for the smaller ones where possible.

It may vary a bit by season, but once you get within 100km of Santiago you will find that very few of the albugues make it onto the “highly recommended” lists. There are places which manage to be a bit more personal than others, but most are simply too busy to be exceptional. So when you are searching in your favorite app or website, a characteristic to look for is size; aim for the smaller ones where possible.
Excellent. Great tip and Ill keep that in mind, thanks 🙂

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Thanks. Good Way

There are so many on that section, and we all have different likes, dislikes, needs and budgets.
So any suggestions might not suit you.
As suggested, a browse on booking.com or gronze.com is a good place to start.
Make sure to look at the photos, read the reviews, and using the maps, check if they are 'on' the Camino or not.
You'll soon get a sense of what feels right for you..

My last few nights were all in hotels/private rooms&bath, and I was happy with all these. All reserved thru Booking.com:

Deniké Grupo Atalaia (2 nights)
1 Oct 2021 – 3 Oct 2021Santiago de Compostela
Completed
US$127

Pensión A Solaina
30 Sept 2021 – 1 Oct 2021O Pedrouzo
Completed
US$60

Pension San Anton
29 Sept 2021 – 30 Sept 2021Melide
Completed
US$38

Casa Perdigueira
28 Sept 2021 – 29 Sept 2021Castromayor
Completed
US$39

Exe Puerta San Pedro (I took the noon train from Sarria to Lugo, and then returned to Sarria/the Frances the next morning).
27 Sept 2021 – 28 Sept 2021Lugo
Completed
US$75

Casa Licerio
26 Sept 2021 – 27 Sept 2021Samos
Completed

Thanks. Good Way
I always prefer to stop just short of Portomarin in Mercadoiro, my favourite, or Vilacha. Easier to get a bed and a meal. Pass through Palas de Rei and stop in lovely little albergue in San Xulian. Once again easy to get bed and meal. Boenta before Ribadisio another good bet. O Pedrouzo has no alternatives in my opinion. I cant remember the name of the albergue but go straight down street to the roundabout and turn right. There you will find an albergue and a great little restaurant. Hope this helps

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.