• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodations between Sarria to Santiago

ManiBaskaran

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
Hi, I would like suggestions on accommodations from Sarria to Santiago from Sep 24th for a week. Any suggestions? Prefer a hotel

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Gronze is a good tool.

I can't give you the names of thr places ( besides albergue oasis in Sarria which is really great) but what I can tell u is that you should book in advance. There are lots of pilgrims walking this route and before u know its all fully booked.

Enjoy! :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, I would like suggestions on accommodations from Sarria to Santiago from Sep 24th for a week. Any suggestions? Prefer a hotel
September’s one of the busiest times of the year. If you want private accommodation I’d start with what you can get as opposed to what you might prefer.

Common advice is to look at locations which are not at the end of ‘Brierley stages’; but the majority of your competitors for space in September will not have referred to that

It's always hard to recommend places as we all value different things.

And.......It might be a case of booking a couple of days ahead, and just taking what you can find.....

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Sarria - Hotel Alfonso IX
Portomarin - Spa Hotel Vistalegre
Palas de Rei - A Parada das Bestas (outside of town but owners can arrange pickup and return)
Ribadiso da Baixo - Pension Ribadiso
A Rua - Casa do Acivro

Casa Blanco near Palas de Rei. Wonderful rural casa where Maria is an incredible host.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Also look for apartments on Airbnb and booking.com. There are some great apartments for less than ave hotels.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
These are places I used i 2016 - all were good.

25/06 - 26/06HOTEL ALFONSO IX-H****

Local celebration in Hotel
SARRIAAddress: Rúa do Peregrino, 29
Telephone: 982 530 005
Description: This four star hotel has all modern facilities, and is located in a new building. Enjoy a warm and friendly atmosphere, with comfortable rooms. The hotel is located in the centre of Sarria (urban area) in a privileged location on the Camino de Santiago.
Directions: The accommodation is located on the right side of the St. James’ Way. Just a few steps before the Tee Travel Office.
26/06 - 27/06HOTEL FERRAMENTEIRO-H**PORTOMARINAddress: Rua Chantada, 3
Telephone: 982 545 361
Description: This new hotel opened in 2015 offers 21 rooms some of them with terrace. It has a snack bar and free WIFI all around the hotel. Also has private bike parking and a 24 h reception. At the rooms you will get a welcome pack with toiletries.

Directions: The accommodation is located on the left side of the St. James´ Way. After crossing the reservoir, climb up the stairs that go into Portomarín. Once at the top go towards the viewpoint into the right and after less than 100 m you will see the hotel.
27/06 - 28/06CASA LEOPOLDOPALAS DE REIAddress: Rua da Paz, 2 - Esquina Avda. Ourense 39
Telephone: 982 380 043/671 962 666
Description: Set in a historic house, this rural accommodation is located in the centre of Palas de Rei. It offers 6 rooms, with TV, free WiFi and a charming environment, combining all the beauty of traditional architecture with modern services.

Directions: The accommodation is located very near of the Saint James´ Way, 50 meters from San Tirso Church.
28/06 - 29/06PENSION RESTAURANTE TEODORA-P**ARZUAAddress: C/ de Lugo, 38
Telephone: 981 500 083
Description: This accommodation is located in the heart of Arzúa, with 29 spacious bedrooms. They all have TV, heating, private bathroom. There is a guests´ lounge and a small cafeteria. On the ground floor you´ll find the restaurant which serves traditional Galician cuisine.

Directions: The St. James´ Way goes behind this hotel; and you turn off just 10 metres from the way.
29/06 - 30/06HOTEL RESTAURANTE O PINO-H*RUAAddress: Lugar de Rua, 23
Telephone: 981 511 035/148
Description: Hotel O Pino is a small and charming rural hotel that offers 15 comfortable rooms. The Restaurant O Pino offers traditional Galician cuisine using the best produce from the land and sea.

Directions: The accommodation is located on the right hand side of the St. James´ Way. After passing the chapel and Santa Irene hostel, descend through a eucalyptus forest. After this forest you will reach the medieval village ´A Rúa´ (kilometre marker 19-Rúa). Just at the entrance to the village, next to a fountain, turn right, and after 100 metres you will find the accommodation.
30/06 - 01/07HOTEL A TAFONA DO PEREGRINO-H**SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELAAddress: Virxe da Cerca, 7
Telephone: 981 568 923
Description: Only 25m from the traditional market, this house retains its natural charm of stone, wood and light, combined with modern materials. There is an elevator, WIFI throughout the hotel, LCD TV, room service, hair dryer, reading room, lounge and coffee shop.

Directions: The accommodation is located on the left side of the St. James´ Way. When you reach the well-known ´Porta do Camiño´ (at the beginning of the old town) turn left and walk 200 metres down Rúa Virxe da Cerca where the hotel is located on the left side of this street.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Just made two first booking for the start of our Camino one SJPDP and Roncesvalles and wow prices are all levels but the base is starting for two around 120euro (175 Cdn) for two beds and some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back