• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodations close to Santiago train station

ruthwa

Time of past OR future Camino
November 2022
Hi , I am arriving by train from
Leon at 10:30pm this Friday night and I’m trying to find somewhere very close by for the one night. Rather nervous at that time of night on my own! Many thanks for any suggestions!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Leon at 10:30pm this Friday night and I’m trying to find somewhere very close by for the one night. Rather nervous at that time of night on my own! Many thanks for any suggestions!
The area immediately around the train station is not where I would stay. I would take a taxi straight to a hotel or albergue near the Cathedral. It’s not far, only a couple of kilometres.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have never seen anything unsavory around the Santiago train (and now bus) station. And 10:30 on a Friday night will still have many people walking around, young and old, in the streets. If you have been to Santiago before and don’t want to have dinner in what is undoubtedly a very festively decorated old town, Ivar’s suggestion is a good one for getting you back to the train station quickly the next morning. If you are going to be spending some time in Santiago, I’d take Kanga’s suggestion and head up to the old town. I would walk it, but a cab won’t be expensive.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I recommend the Hotel Capital Galicia. A taxi is wise, just a short ride and also best to make a reservation with them to accommodate your late arrival. Peregrinos gat a special rate, I believe.

I recommend the Hotel Capital Galicia. A taxi is wise, just a short ride and also best to make a reservation with them to accommodate your late arrival. Peregrinos gat a special rate, I believe.
Hotel Capital Galicia is an excellent choice, very good and close to the bus station. I stayed there five or six times after ending or before starting the camino. Allways open, 24 hours a day !!!

I stayed at the PR Rosa Rosae which is only a block or two from train station in Santiago. It was safe, clean and friendly. No fear at all for this 60 year old solo woman. Reserved through Booking.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The Seminario Menor is a 5-minute taxi ride and you can get a private room for about 18 Euros. Also, they are open very late. They will also reserve a taxi if you need it the next day. You can find them on Booking.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
This place is a 5-minute walk from the train station... up towards old town.

Mexico​

República Argentina, 33, Santiago de Compostela — Great location — Show on map – 0.2 miles from Santiago de Compostela Station

I"vr stayed here twice and likr iy. 5 mind walk from the station opp s supermarket
The only drawback is the walls are a bit thin.

Thank you everyone so much for your help!
I have booked with Ivar’s suggestion as I’m catching the train in the morning to Sarria!!
Will also be safe and possibly take a short taxi ride!
Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The PR Rosa Rosae suggested by wanderlustesq is an excellent choice - a five-minute walk from the station, mid-price, very clean and comfortable, and a leisurely fifteen-minute walk to the cathedral.

The station is a 10 min or less stroll up to the old city part. I was solo when I left and walked down to the station in the almost dark. Plenty of people about. Up to you whether you take taxi but understandable.

Thank you everyone so much for your help!
I have booked with Ivar’s suggestion as I’m catching the train in the morning to Sarria!!
Will also be safe and possibly take a short taxi ride!
Buen Camino
Update! Hotel worked out perfectly, would recommend it! Thank you!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.