• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodations in Bayonne

Daralee

As a first time pilrim I will be travelling from Paris to Bayonne by train on Friday, May 28th, arriving in Bayonne at 8:48 pm. I am wondering if I should try to catch the last bus to St. Jean at 9:06 pm or would it be better to spend the night in Bayonne and take the bus in the morning? If I spend the night in Bayonne, does anyone have any suggestions as to a reasonable hotel close to the train station? Or if I continue on to St. Jean is there any place that will accept a weary traveler that late at night?
Any help would be very much appreciated.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I would suggest you stay the night in Bayonne. I stayed at the Hotel Paris Madrid - as you come out of the train station it is immediately to your left, across a car park. Reasonable rates and the staff speak english and are friendly. Buen Camino, Jane

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
if you're looking for somewhere good to eat after you have checked in at the Hotel Paris Madrid, leaving the hotel walk across the street to your left and down a small street immediately ahead of you. Try the third kebab shop on your left - the man who runs it is a real sweetie - please tell him another pilgrim (me) says hello from Australia - he will know who I am I think as I went to Bayonne twice within two months and we had a long chat about him wanting to immigrate to Australia. Have a fantastic camino, all the best to you! cheers, Jane

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Once again, thank you Jane. We will definitely look up this place for a meal. We were just discussing the need to find a meal when we arrive in Bayonne. It sounds wonderful and we will say hi for you.
We are looking forward to getting started and soon as I am finished walking the camino I will be heading straight to your wonderful country for a short visit. So much to look forward to.

Thank you,
Daralee

Carla--

I don't know if you need to book ahead or not, but I'm anal retentive about these things. I stayed at Hotel Ibis Bayonne Center.
Tel : (+33)5/59503838
44-50 Bvd Alsace Lorraine - 64100 BAYONNE

It's clean, has free internet, and a nice dining room. It's just down the street from the train station and is pretty cheap, around 40 euros as I recall.

Buen Camino,
Rene

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back