• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

accommodations in Milan after flight from USA

jujubery

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis (2017)
Via Francigena Italy portion (April 2018)
Good day,
My husband and I will be flying into Milan early April . We will secure our credential in Milan, stay the night and get a train/bus out to Piacenza for the start of our VF. Can anyone recommend a pilgrim accommodation in Milan.
Thank you,
Jujubery

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I can't recommend specific Pilgrim accommodation, and I suspect no pilgrim trail actually traverses this city, but I do know that Milan is not the place to just arrive and find something on an ad hoc basis. I tried that 4 years ago: I arrived at the main station and expected to find numerous modestly-priced pensions in the immediate vicinity. There were none, and a tedious search for something suitable ensued. My experience suggests pre-booking using a accommodation booking website.

Of course, others may have found a plethora of choices during their own visit, so perhaps they can offer more optimistic information...

Yes, I can confirm you that there isn't any Camino crossing Milan, so no pilgrim accomodations, as far as I know.
But, there is plenty of not expensive B&Bs (just see Airbnb...).
From Milan you could even go right away to Piacenza, because it's less than 1 hour of train away and several trains every hour.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Can anyone recommend a pilgrim accommodation in Milan.Jujubery
Not aware of any "pilgrim" accomodations, but I have two suggestions.

If you are getting in late at night and don't want to go into the city, Hotel Villa Malpensa is just outside the airport. There is a free shuttle bus (they may charge after a certain hour, not sure). Lovely hotel, excellent breakfast (cost extra). Cost us 56.70 euro for the room last August. We got in very late, so we spent the night there.

If you want to go into the city (which we did the next day), I highly recommend Ostello Bello Grande, a fantastic hostel just a couple of blocks from the train station. Wonderful atmosphere - both staff and guests were extremely friendly. All kinds of services including luggage storage are free. While not a pilgrim hostel per se, the vibe is similar to some of the best Camino hostels. They have dorms and rooms. Prices depend on the season and type of accommodations. We got a private room for 113 euros - breakfast and dinner included; dorms were cheaper. Really cool place. Hanging out at the bar at night was great - lots of very interesting people.

Thank you all for your responses. I agree with Karl, I tried to book an Ostello where we plan to pick up our credentials and they were fully booked. So I have followed the advice of kmrice and am looking into the Ostello Bello Grande. Seems convenient and very accommodating .

Most read last week in this forum

Good news for pilgrims on the VF: https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/historic-pilgrim-hostel-reopens-in-siena-tuscany/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back