• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodations in Pamplona

m2m4christ

Time of past OR future Camino
Spring 2023
I wanted to send out recommendations while I was still on the trail. This is a great option for an Albergue in Pamplona. Directly beside cathedral situated in the middle of downtown with great bed options. We stayed overnight but loved the private triple room, with a bathroom just outside the door. Very clean and private and comfortable. Price was also several euros cheaper than the other Albergue down the street. I think the individual beds were about 17 euros. And in case your interested or desperate like we were there is a Burger King around the corner. How does the view out of the window get better than this?

Attachments

• 81D313D7-642F-4F28-92CF-9C0F00F6BB76.jpeg
    81D313D7-642F-4F28-92CF-9C0F00F6BB76.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6,592
  • 9A482B0E-B885-4263-8B3E-48FC894795C1.jpeg
    9A482B0E-B885-4263-8B3E-48FC894795C1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
On a related note, the Pamplona albergue I booked has somewhat private cubicles rather than traditional bunk beds, in case some find those appealing. https://www.casaibarrola.com/

Another thing to note for the budget conscious - I booked my bed on booking.com, and it cost 25 euros. I just noticed on their website that the price is 19 euros, so cheaper if you book directly. That's probably the case for lots of other albergues as well. I'm aware of the commission that booking.com charges, so not surprised to see a cheaper fee when booking direct (although technically I think that's violating the agreement with booking.com, as properties aren't generally allowed to undercut the booking.com rates).

I think I'll cancel my booking.com reservation and rebook it directly, and save myself a few euros.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
On a related note, the Pamplona albergue I booked has somewhat private cubicles rather than traditional bunk beds, in case some find those appealing. https://www.casaibarrola.com/

Another thing to note for the budget conscious - I booked my bed on booking.com, and it cost 25 euros. I just noticed on their website that the price is 19 euros, so cheaper if you book directly. That's probably the case for lots of other albergues as well. I'm aware of the commission that booking.com charges, so not surprised to see a cheaper fee when booking direct (although technically I think that's violating the agreement with booking.com, as properties aren't generally allowed to undercut the booking.com rates).

I think I'll cancel my booking.com reservation and rebook it directly, and save myself a few euros.
Owners will appreciate that. Booking.com and the like are a necessary evil but direct booking is a win-win for owner and guest

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I've stayed at both Casa Ibarrola and Albergue de Pamplona which also has "pod" style beds.
So have I, back in Oct last year. Albergue de Pamplona is also called Irunako Atapea Albergue, just to complicate things.

The Ibarrola Albergue was by far the nicer of the two, much cleaner, well organised washing facilities and free tea and coffee. I will be back again in May when I restart my camino.

I wanted to send out recommendations while I was still on the trail. This is a great option for an Albergue in Pamplona. Directly beside cathedral situated in the middle of downtown with great bed options. We stayed overnight but loved the private triple room, with a bathroom just outside the door. Very clean and private and comfortable. Price was also several euros cheaper than the other Albergue down the street. I think the individual beds were about 17 euros. And in case your interested or desperate like we were there is a Burger King around the corner. How does the view out of the window get better than this?
I would always recommend the Albergue Jesus y Maria, just around the corner from the Cathedral. Excellent bunk beds and great facilities.

Attachments

• F9E379BE-5FEA-424B-90FF-BAC729C6157F.jpeg
    F9E379BE-5FEA-424B-90FF-BAC729C6157F.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 82
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I loved the idea of the pods but I wouldn’t recommend them for anyone with the slightest bit of claustrophobia. Until the pods, I had only experienced this in a MRI.

I loved the idea of the pods but I wouldn’t recommend them for anyone with the slightest bit of claustrophobia. Until the pods, I had only experienced this in a MRI.
You aren't required to close the shades/curtains all the way in the pods.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

No , technically and legally these lodgings are not violating any agreement with the bookingsites.

not surprised to see a cheaper fee when booking direct (although technically I think that's violating the agreement with booking.com, as properties aren't generally allowed to undercut the booking.com rates).
No, technically and legally these lodgings are not violating any agreement with the booking sites.
I largely agree that there may be no violation and I'd make sure I know the facts before I think aloud and insinuate that a named albergue is violating their business agreements ... 😶.

I don't know about the current situation in jurisdictions outside of the EU, and I don't know about details of the current situation in Spain concerning what is known as "narrow best price clause" where properties are not allowed to offer lower prices on their own online platform than those they offer on Booking.com but I know for certain that in some countries, in particular Germany, the highest courts have ruled that such a clause is in contradiction to EU competition law and EU anti-trust law, and Booking.com has phased out this clause in their agreements. Quote: Some countries like France, Italy, Austria and Belgium have introduced legislation banning the use of both wide and narrow parity [best price] clauses by [online booking] platforms.

Last edited:
Casa Paderborn is open for the season. Located the riverside, head to your left after crossing the medieval bridge. That's before going uphill to the old city and cathedral. Nevertheless located very close to everything, about 10 minutes to walk down town.
It's a traditional pilgrims` albergue: walk-in only, no reservations accepted.
The cost is now 7,50 € for the bed, plus 3,50 € for breakfast.

More info here:

By the way, I heard Jesus y Maria will not open before the Easter this year.
The city has been using it as a shelter for more needy people during the winter months.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Casa Paderborn is open for the season. Located the riverside, head to your left after crossing the medieval bridge. That's before going uphill to the old city and cathedral. Nevertheless located very close to everything, about 10 minutes to walk down town.
It's a traditional pilgrims` albergue: walk-in only, no reservations accepted.
The cost is now 7,50 € for the bed, plus 3,50 € for breakfast.

More info here:

By the way, I heard Jesus y Maria will not open before the Easter this year.
The city has been using it as a shelter for more needy people during the winter months.
Didn't they move during the Covid lockdowns to somewhere that isn't subject to flooding? I enjoyed my stay there in 2019, very Germanic, but the river floods often and when it does the albergue is damaged.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Didn't they move during the Covid lockdowns to somewhere that isn't subject to flooding? I enjoyed my stay there in 2019, very Germanic, but the river floods often and when it does the albergue is damaged.
No, they did not move. During the pandemic they were closed for a while. Yes, the river has been causing problems repeatedly and there are talks with the city of Pamplona to move in the future. But to this time Casa Paderborn is still on the riverside, just below the old town.

I just saw an article on a German news website which says that Casa Paderborn expect to receive their 75,000th pilgrim sometime soon!

I stayed with them two nights ago. They've had to do extensive renovation works since the flood and the building is still vulnerable. Bur lovely welcoming and gentle atmosphere, two very kind and caring hospitaleras..

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I stayed with them two nights ago. They've had to do extensive renovation works since the flood and the building is still vulnerable. Bur lovely welcoming and gentle atmosphere, two very kind and caring hospitaleras..

Lovely and gentle indeed.
After my first ever albergue experience in Zubiri ( feeling like a first year pupil in a big school where everyone around you knows what is happening instead of you...😃) this small oasis was what I really needed. Kind hospis and two very nice and welcoming pilgrims that helped me to gain confidence that indeed I could handle community life and albergues.
Though Casa Paderborn made me aware that smaller and more intimate albergues were my preference.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back