• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodations in Santiago de Compostela

msriniva

Time of past OR future Camino
March (2018)
I need some ideas for decent (not Parador level but not threadbare either) lodgings in Santiago for 2 nights. I would like to explore the old city and spend time in the Cathedral area, attend mass, go to the local markets, shop etc. And on another day, possibly walk to the main bus station and take a day trip to see muxia.
I need a really clean bed, decent breakfast options and a good bathroom/shower with hot water and free wifi. Anything more is a bonus.

thank you for your suggestions

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Rosa Rosae is good and also pilgrim friendly. We stayed there in 2015. Entrance is a bit hidden, although signed, as it is at the back.
We took a taxi to the bus station or there is a bus from the nearby plaza as it is quite a walk out of town.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I need some ideas for decent (not Parador level but not threadbare either) lodgings in Santiago for 2 nights. I would like to explore the old city and spend time in the Cathedral area, attend mass, go to the local markets, shop etc. And on another day, possibly walk to the main bus station and take a day trip to see muxia.
I need a really clean bed, decent breakfast options and a good bathroom/shower with hot water and free wifi. Anything more is a bonus.

I stay here most of the times when in Santiago.
Just 300 metres from Cathedral and parador , quiet street but still very central.
http://www.prhortas.com/nl-nl

Bit more expensive but location location! And very decent restaurant attached.
San Miguel.
https://sanmiguelsantiago.com/

say that you are a pilgrim and you will get a cheaper rate
Yes, provided that you are a walking pilgrim! ;) (It wasn't clear from the original post.) Even if you are not a walking pilgrim on this trip, the Hospedaria is a good place to stay, at reasonable prices. You can book at the regular prices online.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I stayed here, was somewhat more expensive, but a nice place, clean as a pin, and with a very good staff:

https://www.costavella.com/

I stayed at Costa Vela 3 nights in June 2016 and loved the place and the staff. Just a few minutes walk to the Cathedral through nice neighborhoods with good restaurants. Very good breakfast, drinks and snacks though not full dinner. You must book directly through them — can’t be done through Booking.com or other sites. Only drawback when I was there was no A/C.
BC41C4A1-FE74-4A4E-896C-16397F5D6136.jpeg

Over the years I have stayed at many places in Santiago.

Favorite one that I have used in the last few years in Santiago is: Hostal Alfonso

http://www.hostalalfonso.com/indexen.html

Clean. Great place. Not that expensive. A great treat. Great views from the back side (not street side). Owners are wonderful people. Great breakfast. Close to Cathedral, central, etc. Small mom and pop B&B feeling.

If you cannot get a room at Hostal Alfonso she (owner) has a friend down the street who also runs a great place. Small B&B type of place.

When in Ferrol I always stay at Hotel Silva. Clean. Good price.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I usually "treat" myself to Hotel Montenegro. It is just outside of the Cathedral and super clean. I figured I earned it after just walking almost 500 miles.

Many nice, affordable places to stay.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We stayed last September just next to the cathedral for $55/night per couple. Breakfast was $6/pp.
Hospedaria San Martin Pinario. It is an old monastery. Very nice and reasonably priced.
http://www.hsanmartinpinario.com/
We enjoyed staying there.
I hope this helps.
Buen Camino!
I stayed there a few years ago and only paid 25 and breakfast was included...it was more like a buffet and no limit how many times you went up.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.