• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodations on Coastal

Here We Go Again

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2013
Camino Norte or Portugues 2022
We’re headed to Porto tomorrow and have reservations there but none along the Coastal. Is it difficult to find places now? Should we book ahead? Many thanks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Coastal villages with popular beaches that attract many weekend visitors. I'd be booking ahead a day or two in advance and plan my weekend stays at larger towns. See if you can get your hands on a list of festivals, I was stuck in Caminah for a weekend because of a beer festival.
Stuck? A week! Beer festival!
This sounds mighty suspicious.

Are you sure stuck is the right word?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Stuck? A week! Beer festival!
This sounds mighty suspicious.

Are you sure stuck is the right word?
Well, you know me, but it’s the truth because the ferry wasn’t running on the Monday after the weekend fete. I would have preferred it was the wine festival in Viana, but then I would be forced to come up with another excuse for my delay.

Last edited:
Don't wait!!! Book ahead!! Especially since vacationers are arriving every day, this is a very busy time where finding a place to stay overnight might not work according to your schedule!
I did the Camino Portugués Coastal and made sure that all my accommodations were booked because the infrastructure for albergues along this route is not very well established.
Buen Camino!

We are walking from Lisbon and are enjoying a wonderful night at Casa Fernanda on the Central. All the way accomodation has been tight, and we are booking ahead. This is the first time we have ever felt it necessary to do so. It feels so strange to do so but reassuring to know we have somewhere to sleep. The hospitalerio at Barcelos implored me to book Santiago accomodation at least 3 to 4 days ahead as it was that bad when he was there last week. It's a whole new world for us ""old hands" it seems, but I'd rather be here in my happy place on the Camino no matter the changes.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi We are on the Camino and wanted to warn our fellow travellers to stay away from O MUINO camping/ bungalow Park. They have signs on the road from Mougas saying pilgrim breakfast available...
Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️ I am planning to do the my first Caminho ( Portugese coastal route) in September. I have been reading in various posts that you can ask for a pilgrim’s discount for...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back