• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodations on the camino ingles

dapemada

Wow, I posed a question about getting from Santiago to Ferrol to start the ingles and got a bunch of responses within a day. I am both impressed by the rapidity of the replies and grateful for the information. So let me press my luck. I'll be doing the walk with two friends during the third week in June - friends whom I met on prior caminos, something I'm sure many of you can identify with. While I've enjoyed the camaraderie one finds in the albergues, I don't expect that will be a major factor on such a short walk. So I'm giving thought to hotels or other alternatives. My questions: should finding a place to stay, albergue or otherwise, be a problem in June? And if a hotel, how far in advance does one have to book? Again, thanks in advance.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The Camino Ingles is still on my list, so I can't help personally. But my experience on other caminos has been that accommodation does not need to be booked more than a day in advance. I've never had a problem, provided I accept that sometimes I will not get my first choice. I've found AirBnB extremely useful in less "camino-centric" places, and had some wonderful experiences as a result. If you are prepared to share rooms I can't see that three people will be much more difficult. On the Norte in high summer (July/August) some of the resort towns could give problems, but not in June.

My questions: should finding a place to stay, albergue or otherwise, be a problem in June? And if a hotel, how far in advance does one have to book?
June is the beginning of the crowding problem on the Camino Ingles. There are very few intermediate places to stop, so bottlenecks develop. There are enough hotel rooms, though, so booking a day in advance using one of the internet booking sites will solve your problem. I don't think any of the albergues take reservations, so plan your budget for hotels. With three people, hotels won't be much more than three beds in an albergue. Since there are so few intermediate stops, you will be walking the "standard" days, which means you could book everything in advance because you already know when and where. If you hit the wall, take a taxi. A taxi is easier to find at the beginning of the day than from the middle of nowhere at the end of the day.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
In June it is very busy and very hot. But that's your choice.
You'll find some comments of the Camino Ingles on my web site, if you've time to have a look!
http://snicholl5.wixsite.com/home-site/santiago
I used inexpensive hotels wherever possible and had no problems at all, traveling in May. It was a beautiful camino, and gave me a lot of pleasure.
Buen camino!

We walked short days so broke the stages down. In 2015 we pre-booked our accommodation as our earlier walking meant we had no sleeping bags etc.
Ferrol - Hotel Almendra
Hotel Kensington - Neda/Narón, just before the river bridge to the albergue. (Own site if not on booking)
Pontedeume - we actually stayed in Cabañas at the Hotel Iberia, facing the beach, and pre-booked.
Miño - O Cantiño - 5 rooms only so booking advised. Approx 1.2kms further than the albergue - keep straight on over railway bridge and don't turn down to the albergue.
In Betanzos the Hotel Garelos has at least one 3-bed room - worth booking.
O Meson Novo is also worth booking, (Meson do Vento - Bruma) but be aware that once booked it cannot be changed or there is a minimum fee charged. This is probably due to pilgrim 'no-shows' in the past and last minute cancellations when others have already been turned away. If you want to use their pick-up/drop-off service you now need to stay with them for both nights.
Ordes - off Camino by about 4kms from Calle de Poulo - Hotel Nogallás.
Sigueiro - Hostal Sigueiro - again we pre-booked.

All were very helpful/pilgrim friendly. Week-ends will be busy in some places (eg near beaches) as well as pilgrim numbers increasing. If you know your dates then searching booking.com would be worthwhile, but I would suggest that you check out any cancellation/alteration policies very carefully.

There may be other places listed too on Gronze - the stages give accommodation and further info for each when clicked.

Edit - typo corrected; thanks @mylifeonvacation

Last edited:
I would also add that if you are using booking . com and a place is showing as having no availability, contact the hotel directly via their own website / email. An innkeeper on the Ingles recently explained to me that during busy times, they may prefer to book the rooms themselves rather than paying the commission to Booking.

Ordes - off Camino by about 4kms from Calle de Poulo - Hotel Novelgas.
Do you mean Nogallás? The hotel right on the main tree lined square with the large cafe on the street level?

I was just there last week to try the local specialty cake called the "Queique de Ordes" (Cake of Ordes). It's been made traditionally since 1934. I'll see if I can attach a photo here - it's basically a large Panettone style tall sweet loaf with raisins. I got the one with chocolate pieces instead and it was a bit dry, but perhaps the traditional raisin loaf is better. €6 per cake. (El Tunel next door to the Nogallás bakery also makes Queique, but locals prefer Nogallás.)
IMG_8341.JPGIMG_8357.JPGIMG_8363.JPG

Another local highly recommended to me the Casa Rural Anton Veiras (located right on the Camino in Poulo, not far from Ordes) especially for their onsite restaurant which serves authentic Galician cuisine.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
In June it is very busy and very hot. But that's your choice.
You'll find some comments of the Camino Ingles on my web site, if you've time to have a look!
http://snicholl5.wixsite.com/home-site/santiago
I used inexpensive hotels wherever possible and had no problems at all, traveling in May. It was a beautiful camino, and gave me a lot of pleasure.
Buen camino!
Hi Stephen,
I'm planning the Camino Ingles, from Ferrol to Santiago for May 2019. Did you have any problems getting Hotel Accommodation in advance. I will be travelling alone and would prefer Hotels (inexpensive) over hostels as I am an extremely light sleeper. any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Hi Stephen,
I'm planning the Camino Ingles, from Ferrol to Santiago for May 2019. Did you have any problems getting Hotel Accommodation in advance. I will be travelling alone and would prefer Hotels (inexpensive) over hostels as I am an extremely light sleeper. any help would be appreciated. Thank You.
Greetings, John!
I had no problems at all: I found NO hotels so full that they turned me away. Drop me an e-mail and I'll send you my summary of costs. s.nicholls@gmx.co.uk
I just wish I were well enough to walk the Ingles again! Buen camino, amigo John!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I stayed in the following:

Ferrol - Hotel El Suixo - very welcoming and have Credencial's at reception, if you need them.

Pontedeume - Pension Casa Apilladeira - ok

Betanzos - Garelos Hotel - all rooms have showers - the only room with a bath is the suite which costs € 66 more than a double. Best € 66 I have ever spent, as the suite has a Porcelanosa Jacuzzi bath! My legs were therefore new after a Jacuzzi in the preceding evening and in the morning before the toughest stage up to Hospital de Bruma

Buscas - Casa Rural DonaMaria - 8km further than Hospital de Bruma, but worth the extra 2 hour walk. Best meal I had during the week, home cooking on site by the proprietors

Sigueiro - Hotel San Vicente - this was a horrible hotel. I should have stayed in the en suite apartment room at the Alberge Camino Real

Hi Peb,

Thanks for that. Did you have any trouble getting accommodation on the route or did you book in advance?

John.

Hi Stephen,
See my post #5 above.
In 2011 when we stayed in Pontedeume itself we went to the Bar Norte, but I don't know if it can be pre-booked.
Betanzos - the Garelos has a variety of rooms - the 3 room comment was specific for the OP
In Santiago we have stayed at the Hostal Linares and also the Hotel Rosa Rosae.
Feel free to PM me if you want more info re prices etc.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Booked all accommodation in advance. The stages on the Ingles are long, but doable, and I did not want to walk around trying to find accommodation after walking over 25km.

In addition, the Pension Casa Apilladeira and the Casa Rural DonaMaria have very limited rooms. The apartment at the Alberge Camino Real also needs to be booked.

In Santiago, I splurged, staying in the NH Collection Santiago de Compostela - king size bed, duvets, fluffy dressing gowns and slippers, large buffet breakfast, swimming pool, sauna, which I gave myself as a reward for making it all the way, and the price including breakfast was very reasonable.

Booked all accommodation in advance. The stages on the Ingles are long, but doable, and I did not want to walk around trying to find accommodation after walking over 25km.

In addition, the Pension Casa Apilladeira and the Casa Rural DonaMaria have very limited rooms. The apartment at the Alberge Camino Real also needs to be booked.

In Santiago, I splurged, staying in the NH Collection Santiago de Compostela - king size bed, duvets, fluffy dressing gowns and slippers, large buffet breakfast, swimming pool, sauna, which I gave myself as a reward for making it all the way, and the price including breakfast was very reasonable.
Thanks Again Peb.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

You do not have to walk 25km stages.

Wow, I posed a question about getting from Santiago to Ferrol to start the ingles and got a bunch of responses within a day. I am both impressed by the rapidity of the replies and grateful for the information. So let me press my luck. I'll be doing the walk with two friends during the third week in June - friends whom I met on prior caminos, something I'm sure many of you can identify with. While I've enjoyed the camaraderie one finds in the albergues, I don't expect that will be a major factor on such a short walk. So I'm giving thought to hotels or other alternatives. My questions: should finding a place to stay, albergue or otherwise, be a problem in June? And if a hotel, how far in advance does one have to book? Again, thanks in advance.

Hey there, I'm so glad you've decided to walk the Ingles! I actually found that camaraderie on the Camino Ingles was MORE present than on the Frances or Norte or other caminos I've done. The short duration of the walk means that you never really lose your initial group, and get to know just about EVERYONE! We made some very good friends in the 6 days on the Ingles and all of us went to get our Compostelas together :)

That said, we stayed almost exclusively in albergues (we also walked in June). I think it's best to stay in the albergues because a) they're affordable and b) you get to meet your fellow pilgrims. Some albergues were good, and some were downright awful - but I don't think I ever called ahead as there were always enough beds.

Here's a list of places we stayed:

1. Ferrol - Hostal La Frontera (the only non-albergue we stayed in). Very good value. Our room had two beds and a private bathroom and the hosts, who were also the owners of the attached bar, were so gracious. Highly recommend!

2. Pontedeume - Albergue Municipal. Really cheap, and also really HOT! As far as I understood it, the albergue used to be an old sardine factory which makes a lot of sense, as there were NO windows and were were all squeezed up on the makeshift mezzanine level. It was a sweaty, uncomfortable sleep, but Pontedeume was such a nice town. I recommend looking elsewhere!

3. Betanzos - Albergue Municipal. Ok, the OPPOSITE of Pontedeume. This was an amazing Xunta albergue in a restored stone house. Beautiful kitchen, comfy beds, windows, common areas, etc. You should stay here!

4. Hospital de Bruma. Albergue Municipal. Another amazing spot! Nice and cool inside, beds are comfy. The owner is very friendly and there's always a meal waiting for you at the restaurant down the street. Bruma is kind of boring, but in that relaxing, put-your-feet-up-it's-the-Camino kind of way. And it's located in the original, 15th century pilgrims hostel!

5. Sigüeiro. Albergue Mirás. This was an unfortunate stop. As the final stop before SdC, Sigüeiro has a lot of options so it can be hard to sift through them all. We picked a place with nice owners and spacious rooms (rain showers!!) - BUT, we had a TERRIBLE sleep as the owners are still renovating and we could hear all the truck traffic from the street below. The A/C doesn't work well, either, so this was another sweaty night. I'd recommend picking another place until Mirás finishes their renovations.

Overall: the Ingles was a great experience, and I don't see why anyone would need to stay in alternative accommodation. Stay in the albergues, talk to your fellow pilgrims and I guarantee you will feel that camaraderie that makes the Camino so special! :)

Buen Camino!

Great info on the albergues all along the route!

I don't see why anyone would need to stay in alternative accommodation
The Albergue in Bruma, for example, only has 22 beds so busy weeks (holiday weekends and Easter) people might find themselves out of luck during those times if they aren't among the first 22 to arrive.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am walking from Ferrol in September, with my wife. Would like to break up the walk from Betanzos to Bruma. I see there is an Albergue at Presedo. Has anyone stayed there and experience? Are there any other accommodation options nearby?

I haven't stayed at the albergue in Presedo, but it's relatively new and others report that it's nice and clean. It's not far from a popular (and unique!) restaurant Meson-Museo Xente No Camino.

For an actual pension/hotel, there's a small family owned place 7km away called Casa Manolo. We stayed there in 2014 and it was very nice. Excellent restaurant where wife and mother in law do the cooking and the husband minds the bar. It's actually closer to Cos. They are on Facebook as "Pension Casa Manolo Abegondo". Taxis are available from Abegondo.
Map from Presedo to Casa Manolo, Abegondo

Alternatively, hotels/pensiones in both Betanzos and Meson do Vento are easily reachable via taxi (you can just go back the next day to where you left off).

Buen Camino!

I haven't stayed at the albergue in Presedo, but it's relatively new and others report that it's nice and clean. It's not far from a popular (and unique!) restaurant Meson-Museo Xente No Camino.

For an actual pension/hotel, there's a small family owned place 7km away called Casa Manolo. We stayed there in 2014 and it was very nice. Excellent restaurant where wife and mother in law do the cooking and the husband minds the bar. It's actually closer to Cos. They are on Facebook as "Pension Casa Manolo Abegondo". Taxis are available from Abegondo.
Map from Presedo to Casa Manolo, Abegondo

Alternatively, hotels/pensiones in both Betanzos and Meson do Vento are easily reachable via taxi (you can just go back the next day to where you left off).

Buen Camino!
Hello. Did you walk to Casa Manolo from Betanzos and then walk to Presedo or get taxis to both?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Actually, we were doing a “slow” Camino with shorter distances each day. So I walked the regular Camino route from Betanzos and had a taxi come get me at the church in Cos (by prearrangement, calling him when I got there) and he took me to Casa Manolo. The rest of my group walked to the hotel from Cos, it was about 4km. The next day a cab from Abegondo took us all back to the church and we resumed walking.

From Cos we walked to Presedo (actually past there to Casa Julia, which is no longer on the Camino since it was rerouted last year). The guy from Meson Novo (Meson do Vento, 2km from Bruma) picked is up and dropped us off there the next day. We stayed at Meson Novo 2 nights so the pick up / drop off service was complimentary (this was in 2014). Otherwise, the people at Meson Museo Xente No Camiño can call a taxi for you.

I just learned of a free app that has the new and old route on a google map, with all of the places marked: Inglés BASIC. That may help to give a better idea of the logistics.

Hello. Thank you for information. I have just booked a hotel in Oza dos Rios to stay there rather than Albergue in Presedo and will arrange a taxi transport from and back to Presedo to resume Camino next day. I would be very interested to see the new and old route from Presedo to Bruma, as I am using Brierley's 2018 guide book which still shows route going past Casa Julia at Vilacoba. How do I access the app?

I really enjoyed reading your "My Life on Vacation" web page blog. I am starting in Ferrol and staying in Parador for a couple of nights and hopefully we can visit O Camino do inlges restaurant too.

The Albergue at Presedo is a municitpal, very clean and welcoming. Small, there is a kitchen, but when I was there no market in town. The restaurant is nearby, very good. Turn off the camino path where signed and walk down to the main street for the Albergue and/or the restaurant.

How do I access the app?
If you have an iPhone you just go to the app store and search for it. I don't really know about android, but worth a look wherever you get apps to see if it's available. The hotels over in Oza dos Rios look great! You'll enjoy the Parador in Ferrol too. O Camino do Ingles has moved and is no longer right next to the Parador, but it's not far from the starting marker of the Camino. Enjoy!! I'm gald you enjoyed my blog! It's a lot of fun to write!

If you have an iPhone you just go to the app store and search for it. I don't really know about android, but worth a look wherever you get apps to see if it's available. The hotels over in Oza dos Rios look great! You'll enjoy the Parador in Ferrol too. O Camino do Ingles has moved and is no longer right next to the Parador, but it's not far from the starting marker of the Camino. Enjoy!! I'm gald you enjoyed my blog! It's a lot of fun to write!
If you have an iPhone you just go to the app store and search for it. I don't really know about android, but worth a look wherever you get apps to see if it's available. The hotels over in Oza dos Rios look great! You'll enjoy the Parador in Ferrol too. O Camino do Ingles has moved and is no longer right next to the Parador, but it's not far from the starting marker of the Camino. Enjoy!! I'm glad you enjoyed my blog! It's a lot of fun to write!

Hello. Just found and downloaded the App which is very helpful, thank you. Looking forward to my Camino. Also started planning Camino Primitivo for next May!

Greetings, John!
I had no problems at all: I found NO hotels so full that they turned me away. Drop me an e-mail and I'll send you my summary of costs. s.nicholls@gmx.co.uk
I just wish I were well enough to walk the Ingles again! Buen camino, amigo John!

Stephen - I was also planning on a May Camino Ingles trip (orginally I though about a November Camino but weather/time/money have made me rethink my plans :confused:). Would you mind passing the cost info to me also?Thanks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm giving thought to hotels or other alternatives. My questions: should finding a place to stay, albergue or otherwise, be a problem in June? And if a hotel, how far in advance does one have to book? Again, thanks in advance.
I booked hotels this month (only a few days beforehand) and the problem was, not other pilgrims, but tourists! Holiday makers from Andalucia and Madrid come to Galicia to escape the heat! Always found somewhere, though.
I’d stick with albergues, should I do it again. :)
I love this Camino and it wasn’t busy at all beginning of August.

Stephen - I was also planning on a May Camino Ingles trip (orginally I though about a November Camino but weather/time/money have made me rethink my plans :confused:). Would you mind passing the cost info to me also?Thanks.
Of course I will, Drew. Drop me an e-mail: s.nicholls@gmx.co.uk
May is a perfect month for walking. The meadows are full of wild flowers. I'm hoping to be fit enough for one last camino next May on the Portuguese Coastal.
Buen camino, amigo!

I walked the Ingles early May this year.

Been to Ferrol many tines. Grew up there and Seville.

I know many places in Ferrol.

Hotel Silva is great. Clean. Good service. Not in central part of Ferrol. Walking distance to TI and train/bus stations.

Laundry mat and grocery close by.

Hotel Louis is good option for Pontedume. Do not recommend albergue there.

The perfect small Hostal Santiago is: Hostal Alfonso.
View on the non street side rooms is wonderful. Only 6 or so rooms.
So may be hard to get a reservation.
Well worth it.
I have stayed there few times.
Owners are wonderful
Treat youlself.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I walked the Ingles early May this year.

Been to Ferrol many tines. Grew up there and Seville.

I know many places in Ferrol.

Hotel Silva is great. Clean. Good service. Not in central part of Ferrol. Walking distance to TI and train/bus stations.

Laundry mat and grocery close by.

Hotel Louis is goof option for Pontedume. Do not recommend albergue there.

The perfect small Hostal is in Santiago m. Only 6 or so toons. I will look up name and post it tomorrow

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Marty, we’re on the Ingles right now, day 4, ( 29 April) It has been surprisingly and unexpectedly busy. We’ve met dozens of others along the way all very nice and friendly but fully aware of the shortage of accommodation and determined to get to the next stop before everyone else. Albergues are not big, Betanzos only has 6 beds at the moment, so we have had to try and book alternatives at all but one at Neda. Booking ahead has been problematic and expensive at the last minute. So my advice would be book ahead now and ensure you’re no far off the trail.

Hi all, I am trying to plan Camino from Ferrol to Santiago. Have not got dates yet as it has to tie in with volunteering in Santiago, but am trying to see if it is possible for me.. But I have two problems. I am 77 and I cannot walk from Betanzos to Bruma, so need somewhere in between. I cannot carry my rucksack for more than 5 klm so need to get Correos to transfer my rucksack, therefore I must book in advance, so cannot stay at Pesado. I saw that a pilgrim stayed at Casa Manolo in Abegondo in 2014. Does anyone know if it is still open?. Does anyone know if Correos would deliver there? I have come from the Pyrenees 3 times and from Tui 3 times and would like to try the Ingles if at all possible and IF Covid is controlled.

Take a taxi (or see if the hosts can provide a ride) to the casa rurale, Costa De Egoa. Then taxi back to your end point the next day.

Hi all, I am trying to plan Camino from Ferrol to Santiago. Have not got dates yet as it has to tie in with volunteering in Santiago, but am trying to see if it is possible for me.. But I have two problems. I am 77 and I cannot walk from Betanzos to Bruma, so need somewhere in between. I cannot carry my rucksack for more than 5 klm so need to get Correos to transfer my rucksack, therefore I must book in advance, so cannot stay at Pesado. I saw that a pilgrim stayed at Casa Manolo in Abegondo in 2014. Does anyone know if it is still open?. Does anyone know if Correos would deliver there? I have come from the Pyrenees 3 times and from Tui 3 times and would like to try the Ingles if at all possible and IF Covid is controlled.

@Lydia Gillen : I checked their social media pages and they are still open!
This is their phone number and mail.

+34 981 67 30 06

restaurantecasamanolo@gmail.com

Happy preparations!

Last edited:
Hey there, I'm so glad you've decided to walk the Ingles! I actually found that camaraderie on the Camino Ingles was MORE present than on the Frances or Norte or other caminos I've done. The short duration of the walk means that you never really lose your initial group, and get to know just about EVERYONE! We made some very good friends in the 6 days on the Ingles and all of us went to get our Compostelas together :)

That said, we stayed almost exclusively in albergues (we also walked in June). I think it's best to stay in the albergues because a) they're affordable and b) you get to meet your fellow pilgrims. Some albergues were good, and some were downright awful - but I don't think I ever called ahead as there were always enough beds.

Here's a list of places we stayed:

1. Ferrol - Hostal La Frontera (the only non-albergue we stayed in). Very good value. Our room had two beds and a private bathroom and the hosts, who were also the owners of the attached bar, were so gracious. Highly recommend!

2. Pontedeume - Albergue Municipal. Really cheap, and also really HOT! As far as I understood it, the albergue used to be an old sardine factory which makes a lot of sense, as there were NO windows and were were all squeezed up on the makeshift mezzanine level. It was a sweaty, uncomfortable sleep, but Pontedeume was such a nice town. I recommend looking elsewhere!

3. Betanzos - Albergue Municipal. Ok, the OPPOSITE of Pontedeume. This was an amazing Xunta albergue in a restored stone house. Beautiful kitchen, comfy beds, windows, common areas, etc. You should stay here!

4. Hospital de Bruma. Albergue Municipal. Another amazing spot! Nice and cool inside, beds are comfy. The owner is very friendly and there's always a meal waiting for you at the restaurant down the street. Bruma is kind of boring, but in that relaxing, put-your-feet-up-it's-the-Camino kind of way. And it's located in the original, 15th century pilgrims hostel!

5. Sigüeiro. Albergue Mirás. This was an unfortunate stop. As the final stop before SdC, Sigüeiro has a lot of options so it can be hard to sift through them all. We picked a place with nice owners and spacious rooms (rain showers!!) - BUT, we had a TERRIBLE sleep as the owners are still renovating and we could hear all the truck traffic from the street below. The A/C doesn't work well, either, so this was another sweaty night. I'd recommend picking another place until Mirás finishes their renovations.

Overall: the Ingles was a great experience, and I don't see why anyone would need to stay in alternative accommodation. Stay in the albergues, talk to your fellow pilgrims and I guarantee you will feel that camaraderie that makes the Camino so special! :)

Buen Camino!
This lovely and informative post brought such good memories to mind.

The highlight of this Camino was the presence of many Spaniards and indeed families with children, hiking.

I walked in June in perfect weather. I believe I was in Pontedeume (in the ‘dreaded’ mezzanine) on 24 June, feast day of Saint John. Fires along the river, great celebration near the hostel with fabulous fish and meat barbecues and traditional Galician music!

Betanzos - the hospitalero and Albergue were both memorable... as was the statue in the square of two brothers, donors to the town, with one holding a telephone (as a sign of 19c. wealth status). Do not miss the small pig sculptures on the apex of the church roof!

Sigüeiro - The then hostel put me off with its noisy location. The owners had a hotel near the small river, ground floor with fabulous rates. I recommend the public swimming pool (you may need to borrow/buy swimming cap) with lawned areas.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back