• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodations when walking from France into Spain

Wardell

We're going to start walking from, or around, Aire-sur-l 'Adour France and walk to Viana Spain. We've previously walked from Leon to Santiago. I'm having trouble finding accommodations in these small villages. We prefer to stay in hotels rather than the pilgrim way of staying in albergues. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The Confraternity's guides list all varieties of accommodation, including pensions, hostales, and hotels, with the rough prices. As well, for France on the chemins from Vezelay etc, Miam Miam Dodo works well. For France off those routes, I can only recommend googling the town or village names with hébergement or accomodation-- prefectural or regional tourism authorities, as well as the town's tourisme are very helpful, and give listings on their websites. There are a number of gîtes and country inns, but it can take some looking.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back