Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodations

Hikingmama

Time of past OR future Camino
El Norte
I’ve been walking el Norte with my teenage children for the last 16 days (4 of us) and sometimes finding accommodations at Albergues has been an issue. We have met some wonderful people along the way but I’m thinking about starting el Primitivo. Does anyone know if there is the same issue there with Albergues or inexpensive accommodations? Thanks so much and Buen Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We had no problems with albergues on the Primitivo in May (2 of us). I simply downloaded the Wise Pilgrims App (I paid for it), and each afternoon we would contact the albergue to reserve accommodation for the next day - obviously you cannot do this for the municipal albergues. The ones that we stayed in, when we did not book ahead the day before, were never full but I think that you should not get in too late.

We met several pilgrims on the Primitivo that had changed over from the Norte for various reasons.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Three of us walked the Primitivo last September. We never pre-booked and always found accommodation. However, we always started out early and were usually finished walking by 2pm.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back