• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accomodation along Via Jacobi (Switzerland) 2020

AleJudo

Time of past OR future Camino
Via Jacobi (August-September 2020)
Hi everyone! I am planning on walking the Via Jacobi between August-September (starting towards the end of August).
My biggest concern is: HOW FAR IN ADVANCE AM I SUPPOSED TO BOOK FOR EACH ACCOMODATION? I understand that booking each place day by day is pretty hard, not impossible though.
Does anyone have any other kind of advice? Anything could help me!
Thank you very much in advance!!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My biggest concern is: HOW FAR IN ADVANCE AM I SUPPOSED TO BOOK FOR EACH ACCOMODATION?
This is such a wonderful route and you will have a terrific experience! I can only speak to the pre-covid situation of previous years from personal experience. The Via Jacobi website has a downloadable lodging list, that includes both public accommodations, hiker refuges, and private homes. My experience walking in May-June several years ago was that the less expensive (and more convenient) accommodations book up quite early, leaving the more expensive options as the only choice. A month in advance was not too early.

This year, with the covid situation, I imagine the private-home lodgings would be fewer in number, if they are open at all. The Swiss association would be able to supply more current details.

Route info https://www.schweizmobil.ch/en/hiking-in-switzerland/route-04.html

Association site (German/French) https://www.viajacobi4.ch/

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back