Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Accomodation at Markina - Xemein

Past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues - (2015)
Camino Frances - (2016)
Camino Finisterre Muxia (2017)
VDLP (2018)
Dear all,
I will be starting my Camino del Norte first week of September and I amcurrently making some research about accomnodation possibilities at Markina - Xemein.
From other enquiries it seems that some albergues are closed around Spain due to Covid restrictions. I am wondering what is currently open in this town particularly the Convento Padres Carmelitas. I tried to call them but had no answer.
Does anyone know anything about this town.
I will be walking a long day on the 7th September and plan to reach this town around evening and would like to be sure of finding a bed.
It is not normal for me to reserve.
Thank you and buen Camino
Ray from |Malta

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Past OR future Camino
2012 Lemovicensis + Francés;
2016 Podiensis + CdN + Fisterra;
2018 VdlP + Sanabrés + Muxia/Fisterra
According to Gronze the Convento is temporarily closed due to COVID-19. The one that is open is Albergue-CasaRural Inxauaspe, a bit outside of the center.

¡Ultreia!

Donny Camino

Past OR future Camino
We just went through Markina the other day and stayed at Casa Intxauspe...we had pre-booked but they had extra room for pilgrims who got caught without lodgings....they even set up a tent or two as last resort for a few. Good luck. We are now in Bilbao but leaving tomorrow for Portgaletes.

Past OR future Camino
Frances (2016), Norte (2017), Portuges (2018), Mozarabe (2019), Primitivo (2019), Via de La Plata (2
Dear all,
I will be starting my Camino del Norte first week of September and I amcurrently making some research about accomnodation possibilities at Markina - Xemein.
From other enquiries it seems that some albergues are closed around Spain due to Covid restrictions. I am wondering what is currently open in this town particularly the Convento Padres Carmelitas. I tried to call them but had no answer.
Does anyone know anything about this town.
I will be walking a long day on the 7th September and plan to reach this town around evening and would like to be sure of finding a bed.
It is not normal for me to reserve.
Thank you and buen Camino
Ray from |Malta
There really only one place to stay in Markina and that is Albergue-CasaRural Inxauaspe. The couple who run it are great, it is beautiful, the evening meal is fantastic, both in taste and value, and it is within easy walking distance of the town if you still have the energy to explore. Buen Camino.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues - (2015)
Camino Frances - (2016)
Camino Finisterre Muxia (2017)
VDLP (2018)
We just went through Markina the other day and stayed at Casa Intxauspe...we had pre-booked but they had extra room for pilgrims who got caught without lodgings....they even set up a tent or two as last resort for a few. Good luck. We are now in Bilbao but leaving tomorrow for Portgaletes.
Thank you very much .....that puts my mind at rest ...

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads