• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accomodation at Markina - Xemein

Time of past OR future Camino
FRuture: Camino Sureste (2022)
Dear all,
I will be starting my Camino del Norte first week of September and I amcurrently making some research about accomnodation possibilities at Markina - Xemein.
From other enquiries it seems that some albergues are closed around Spain due to Covid restrictions. I am wondering what is currently open in this town particularly the Convento Padres Carmelitas. I tried to call them but had no answer.
Does anyone know anything about this town.
I will be walking a long day on the 7th September and plan to reach this town around evening and would like to be sure of finding a bed.
It is not normal for me to reserve.
Thank you and buen Camino
Ray from |Malta

A selection of Camino Jewellery
According to Gronze the Convento is temporarily closed due to COVID-19. The one that is open is Albergue-CasaRural Inxauaspe, a bit outside of the center.

¡Ultreia!

We just went through Markina the other day and stayed at Casa Intxauspe...we had pre-booked but they had extra room for pilgrims who got caught without lodgings....they even set up a tent or two as last resort for a few. Good luck. We are now in Bilbao but leaving tomorrow for Portgaletes.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Dear all,
I will be starting my Camino del Norte first week of September and I amcurrently making some research about accomnodation possibilities at Markina - Xemein.
From other enquiries it seems that some albergues are closed around Spain due to Covid restrictions. I am wondering what is currently open in this town particularly the Convento Padres Carmelitas. I tried to call them but had no answer.
Does anyone know anything about this town.
I will be walking a long day on the 7th September and plan to reach this town around evening and would like to be sure of finding a bed.
It is not normal for me to reserve.
Thank you and buen Camino
Ray from |Malta
There really only one place to stay in Markina and that is Albergue-CasaRural Inxauaspe. The couple who run it are great, it is beautiful, the evening meal is fantastic, both in taste and value, and it is within easy walking distance of the town if you still have the energy to explore. Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We just went through Markina the other day and stayed at Casa Intxauspe...we had pre-booked but they had extra room for pilgrims who got caught without lodgings....they even set up a tent or two as last resort for a few. Good luck. We are now in Bilbao but leaving tomorrow for Portgaletes.
Thank you very much .....that puts my mind at rest ...

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.