• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accomodation coastal way starting in Porto and other ways

Rainerbernd

Time of past OR future Camino
On St James ways since 1971
Olá peregrinos,

On your ways in Portugal the pilgrims pass entitles you to stay at all ORBITUR campsites for a special pilgrim´s fare. They offer nice bungalows for about 9 € to 13 €.

On your coastal way you can stay in nice bungalows on the ORBITUR campsites in Angeiras > Rio Alto > Viana do Castelo > Caminha . With your Credential they have special offers for pilgrims - from 9 € to 13 € depending on the bungalow. For 9 € it´s two rooms, heater and a fridge, shared with another pilgim, or 13 € single use. For 13 € it´s fully equiped. Toilet, shower, kitchen and fridge, two rooms, shared with 4 other pilgrims. Bar and restaurant is on the site.

Please have a look at Orbitur website about the places. But, as a pilgrim, if you want to stay there, please don´t book on their website! There you have to pay the price as listed. If your first stay will be Angeiras, make a reservation under: infoangeiras@orbitur.pt or any other places under their info.......... @orbitur.pt with all data and the magic word pilgrim!

You can get the special offer for pilgrims on all Orbitur campsites in Portugal! All facilities, like swimming pool, WIFI and so on, are free for pilgrims. You want to stay on other places of the Orbitur group? The receptionists will make a reservation for you. Btw, you want to stay 2 nights ore a bit more - no problem.

Bom caminho, Rainer

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Olá peregrinos,

On your coastal way you can stay in nice bungalows on the ORBITUR campsites in Angeiras > Rio Alto > Viana do Castelo > Caminha . With your Credential they have special offers for pilgrims - from 9 € to 13 € depending on the bungalow. For 9 € it´s two rooms, heater and a fridge, shared, or 13 € single use. For 13 € it´s fully equiped. Toilet, shower, kitchen and fridge, two rooms, shared with other pilgrims. Bar and restaurant is on the site.

Please have a look at Orbitur website about the places. But, as a pilgrim, if you want to stay there, please don´t book on their website! There you have to pay the price as listed. If your first stay will be Angeiras, make a reservation under: infoangeiras@orbitur.pt or any other places under their info.......... @orbitur.pt with all data and the magic word pilgrim!

You can get the special offer for pilgrims on all Orbitur campsites in Portugal! All facilities, like swimming pool, WIFI and so on, are free for pilgrims. You want to stay on other places of the Orbitur group? The receptionists will make a reservation for you. Btw, you want to stay 2 nights ore a bit more - no problem.

Bom caminho, Rainer

Thanks for this really useful and encouraging information. It is like the Hospederia San Martino Pinario in Santiago then. Brilliant price for pilgrims, but NOT if you book through Booking.com etc. Only if you contact directly.

Thanks for this really useful and encouraging information. It is like the Hospederia San Martino Pinario in Santiago then. Brilliant price for pilgrims, but NOT if you book through Booking.com etc. Only if you contact directly.

Thank you for the mention of booking.com etc. Some pilgrims book there and when they come to Angeiras they are very surprised about the pilgrim´s price. Some of them wanted money back and I had to tell them - no chance! Your reservation e-mail is all what they need. Don´t worry if they don´t write back the next day: It´s Portugal.

Bom caminho, Rainer

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you for the mention of booking.com etc. Some pilgrims book there and when they come to Angeiras they are very surprised about the pilgrim´s price. Some of them wanted money back and I had to tell them - no chance! Your reservation e-mail is all what they need. Don´t worry if they don´t write back the next day: It´s Portugal.

Bom caminho, Rainer
Having said this myself, I should also say that for lots of situations I find booking.com extremely useful and reliable! But it is interesting to note that on occasion, in the right circumstances, the personal approach is still useful. And perhaps particularly on the camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back