• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accomodation for last hiking day Santiago de Compostella

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte
I apologize if this question has been answered. I searched multiple times in various ways and found a ton of answers to other questions! I plan to spend one night in Santiago de Compestella at the end of my upcoming camino, then take a plane to Barcelona the next day. Can I stay in an albergue after I have received my compostella?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes, you're welcome to stay in the albergues in Santiago after you receive the Compostela, and you're welcome to stay for multiple nights if you need (most places in Santiago have no limit on number of nights).

Just a note that during this summer Santiago has been a bit busy and full, especially during the weekends and holidays, so it might be good to book something ahead of time.

Buen Camino!

Yes, you're welcome to stay in the albergues in Santiago after you receive the Compostela, and you're welcome to stay for multiple nights if you need (most places in Santiago have no limit on number of nights).

Just a note that during this summer Santiago has been a bit busy and full, especially during the weekends and holidays, so it might be good to book something ahead of time.

Buen Camino!
Thank you. I plan to be in Santiago de Compostella on October 15, fly to Barcelona on the 16th, and home to Toronto on the 17th. Air travel is booked so I am just looking for one-night accommodation on Oct 15.

Thank you. I plan to be in Santiago de Compostella on October 15, fly to Barcelona on the 16th, and home to Toronto on the 17th. Air travel is booked so I am just looking for one-night accommodation on Oct 15.

Great! You're away from the extremely-busy period then. October 12 is a holiday so there may be people taking time off and visiting Santiago that weekend, or walking the Camino and arriving that weekend, but you should be able to find a good place this far in advance.

Enjoy it all!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.