• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accomodation in Burgos

Lysandre

I'm thinking of taking a rest day in Burgos and am wondering what are your thoughts on afforable accomadation? Or just personal favorite hotel?

Also, when you take a rest day somewhere.. do you stay in an albergue for the first night and then at an hotel the second night? Or opposite to avoid being woken up by early walkers? Or just two nights at a hotel?

Thanks,

Lys

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
My Camino sister and I took a day off in Burgos. We were lucky because we asked the alburgue if we could stay another night if room permitted. We stayed after closing and helped with the cleaning. We had the rest of the day free to rest in the park. By the end of the day, all the beds were taken, but the host gave us a couple of mats to sleep on the floor. It was perfect since we were exhausted. While this might not be the choice for you, I found on my two Camino that hosts were extremely kind if space permitted. Even more, the night before we reached Leon, our hosts gave us a great tip on a place to stay to "spoil" ourselves. Perhaps it's a matter of waiting until you're there to see where the Way leads you. I wish you the best of all on your Camino.

Keep a smile,
Simeon

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Lys,

There is a Christian albergue above a church. It was opened in 2008 and the warden was very welcoming.

You might be able to stay there for more than one night depending on the time of year and how busy it is.

Albergue de peregrinos Emaús.
Parroquia San Jose Obrero.
Calle San Pedro Caedena 31 Bis 09002 Burgos.

It is slightly out of the city centre but check Google maps to see if it is ok for you.

I have a feeling they lock the doors earlier than most albergues - security of the church, it is a priests house and they are slightly out of town.

But a possibility to be explored.

If you decide to stay one night in the albergue another in the hotel, I would suggest the first night at a hotel with a longer lie in and the second in the albergue because you need to be on the road along with everyone else.

I found that I still woke at the same time regardless of where I slept. :shock:

Lysandre said:
I'm thinking of taking a rest day in Burgos and am wondering what are your thoughts on afforable accomadation?
If you are walking the Camino with a pilgrim pass (credencial), albergue de peregrinos Emaús is a good address. You will have to negotiate a possibly longer stay with the hospitalera. Otherwise you change from this albergue to the municipal in town the next day, and you'll be set. All depends upon the time of the year/month/week you intend to stay in Burgos.

Thank you all for the replies.

I will be there at the end of april/beginning of may depending on my pace of walking... Staying at two different albergue seems like a cheap option and Hostal Carrales seems quite affordable for a well deserve rest... the ones had i found were more expensive.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I stayed at the Albergue Emaus last October 2011 when I did my second Camino (First Camino in 2009 from SJPP to Santiago/Second Camino in 2011from Le Puy to Santiago). It was one of the best albergues, if not the best albergue for me in terms of hospitality and accommodation. It is a little bit out of the town centre but very much worth the effort to locate it. I remember that there was a notice that said those who stayed the previous night in the municipal albergue were not allowed to stay in this albergue to give space for the pilgrims who walked that day. It was in the albergue of Tosantos where I got the information and map of Albergue Emaus. After Tosantos, I stayed in Atapuerca the night before I walked to Burgos. In doing this, I had lesser distance to walk and more time to spend in Burgos.

Blessings and Buen Camino,
Manny D

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Just made two first booking for the start of our Camino one SJPDP and Roncesvalles and wow prices are all levels but the base is starting for two around 120euro (175 Cdn) for two beds and some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.