• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accomodation in Fatima

Jotown

Time of past OR future Camino
Lourdes (11th September 2014) via Piedmont to SJPP,
then Camino Frances to Santiago de Compostela

Via Francigena, Ramsgate,Canterbury ,England to Rome,
via France,Switzerland and Italy. April to July 2016
I hope to be starting a pilgrimage with 2 others from Fatima to Santiago de Compostela May 2018

Ideally we would like to start walking on the 14th May,
having arrived in Fatima on the 12th,
and taken part in the Celebrations/services on the 13th..

All accomodation ( tourist) is already booked/prohibitively expensive

Does anyone know whether there is a pilgrim hostal/accomodation
in which we could stay for the 2 nights ??

We intend walking to Tomar, and continuing North on the CP

Thanks
Joe

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Last edited:
Thank You - I don't know how I missed that - I had searched !
I have sent in an enquiry

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I hope to be starting a pilgrimage with 2 others from Fatima to Santiago de Compostela May 2018

Thanks
Joe

Hi Joe,
If you present your pilgrim passport you can stay in "Casa S. Bento de Labre"
You can find more information about the places to stay: http://www.caminho.com.pt/onde_ficar_e.html

You also can find information of the way to the Caminho Nascente that connects Fátima to Tomar:
http://www.caminho.com.pt/mapas_e.html

Kind regards
Rodrigo Cerqueira

I do recomend acolhimento s. Bento Labre, its location is excellent a few mins walk behind the basilica, i think u can stay 3 or 4 nights max. Its a tough walk if you do Tomar in one day, not in terms of height or distance just miles of narrow rocky scrub paths. I lost the arrows here as did another pilgrim i met later, but i knew i was heading in the right direction the rising sun so i was ok. The 5 or 6km of the beautiful Pegoes aqueduct that you sort of follow too Tomar does make this route rewarding. You do also have an option to cut more of a corner of the Santiago route and end up in Coimbra from Fatima.

Hi Joe,
If you present your pilgrim passport you can stay in "Casa S. Bento de Labre"
You can find more information about the places to stay: http://www.caminho.com.pt/onde_ficar_e.html

You also can find information of the way to the Caminho Nascente that connects Fátima to Tomar:
http://www.caminho.com.pt/mapas_e.html

Kind regards
Rodrigo Cerqueira

Thank You Rodrigo

I have seen your associations information page -
which convinced us that Fatima was the place to start...

I'm just a little unsure as to whether Casa S.Bento de Labre,
will already be full on the feast days ( or whether we could book ?)
Is it bookable through the sanctuary office ?

We will be starting at Fatima, and consequently coming in by bus then...
although we'll be walking out !

We also intend following your route to Tomar, and staying at Fungalvaz

Thanks for your help

Joe

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I do recomend acolhimento s. Bento Labre, its location is excellent a few mins walk behind the basilica, i think u can stay 3 or 4 nights max. Its a tough walk if you do Tomar in one day, not in terms of height or distance just miles of narrow rocky scrub paths. I lost the arrows here as did another pilgrim i met later, but i knew i was heading in the right direction the rising sun so i was ok. The 5 or 6km of the beautiful Pegoes aqueduct that you sort of follow too Tomar does make this route rewarding. You do also have an option to cut more of a corner of the Santiago route and end up in Coimbra from Fatima.

Thank You
I'm trying to get more info on Casa S.Bento - did you book ahead ?, if so how ?
It sounds ideal for us

As it will be our first day walking from Fatima to Tomar, to join the main Camino North,
we intend stopping at Fungalvaz, at the new Hostal, which is perfectly placed halfway

Thanks again

Joe

Thank You Rodrigo

I have seen your associations information page -
which convinced us that Fatima was the place to start...

I'm just a little unsure as to whether Casa S.Bento de Labre,
will already be full on the feast days ( or whether we could book ?)
Is it bookable through the sanctuary office ?

We will be starting at Fatima, and consequently coming in by bus then...
although we'll be walking out !

We also intend following your route to Tomar, and staying at Fungalvaz

Thanks for your help

Joe

Hi Joe,
You can´t make reservations at the S. Bento de Labre. When you arrive you must show: Pilgrim Passport, Backpack, Passport or Id Card and explain that your are starting your pilgrimage to Santiago. If you follow this instructions I believe you will have a place to sleep in Fátima. Just in case show your plane ticket to show that you just arrived in Portugal and you aren't a tourist looking for a cheap place to sleep in Fátima.

Bom Caminho.
Rodrigo Cerqueira

Hi Joe,
You can´t make reservations at the S. Bento de Labre. When you arrive you must show: Pilgrim Passport, Backpack, Passport or Id Card and explain that your are starting your pilgrimage to Santiago. If you follow this instructions I believe you will have a place to sleep in Fátima. Just in case show your plane ticket to show that you just arrived in Portugal and you aren't a tourist looking for a cheap place to sleep in Fátima.

Bom Caminho.
Rodrigo Cerqueira

Thank You Rodrigo for your helpful explanations...
and Route Marking

Joe

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Thanks
Joe
We stsyed in Tomar and took a bus to Fatima; took another bus from Fatima to Coimbra; continued the Camino to Santiago.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Joe,
I just returned last month walking from Porto to Fatima and I stayed at S. Bento de Labre. I arrived there on thursday Oct 12th which was start of the centennial celebration and did not have any trouble in getting a bed there. They did check my credentials to make sure I was a pilgrim but it was a perfect location to go back and forth for all the services i wanted to attend.

Hi Joe,
I just returned last month walking from Porto to Fatima and I stayed at S. Bento de Labre. I arrived there on thursday Oct 12th which was start of the centennial celebration and did not have any trouble in getting a bed there. They did check my credentials to make sure I was a pilgrim but it was a perfect location to go back and forth for all the services i wanted to attend.
Thank you - very helpful and re-assuring ... my plans are now settled !!
Joe

Most read last week in this forum

A local (central Portuguese) news source reported recently on the newly marked routes to Fatima from 1/ Serta 2/Tomar and 3/ Abrantes (east of Vila Nova da Barquinha on the Tejo/Tagus). Here's a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.