A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Accomodation in Logroño

Hi !

Can anyone recommend a nice hostal or hotel in Logroño ? I will be starting el Camino from there in september, and I might get to Logroño 19.30 in the evening by train from Barcelona, and I don't know if it will be possible to stay at the albergue that first night.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Staff member
Donating Member
Donating Member
I think many of the big hotels are on the outskirts, not to helpful for peregrinos. The Marques de Vallejo is very close to the cathedral, main square and tapas area. It's a ***, I think, so it may be too pricey for some ( I believe we paid around 60E for a double in off season). But it has all the modern conveniences retrofitted into an old building that has a lot of charm. There is also a mezzanine with a number of computers and internet for guest use. And the zebra rugs on the floor are fake, they assured us. Very well located for hitting the Camino in the morning, too.

It might be worth trying the refugio in Logrono and see if they're full or not. If they aren't, I've met people who've kindly been given a bed for the night, even though they had to bus it from Los Arcos and were tired and exhausted.

Not all refugios do this (understandably so!) but I though it was a kind and helpful gesture, so... Well, who knows!

Thank you for reply !

I would of course love to stay in the refugio, but is it "open" around 20.00 ? Is it possible to get a place to sleep that late ?

Anyone who knows ?

Liv :)

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • April

Votes: 59 17.5%
  • May

Votes: 83 24.6%
  • June