• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accomodation in markina xemein??

tommy wallace

Time of past OR future Camino
first
Hello to all,
The scenery from irun to deba is beautiful!!
Just wondering does anyone know of accomodation in markina xemein?
We are going there tomorrow from deba.
Thanks,
Tommy

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
(1) Deba
Albergue de peregrinos Geltoki
56 plazas |
5 euros | Sin cocina
Otros alojamientos:
Pensión Zumardi: C. Marina, 12 | 9 hab. | 40-55 € ind. / 50-75 € dob. | Reserva: 943-19-23-68 / Booking (link is external)
Hotel Aisia Deba: C. Markiegi, 6 | Hotel termal | 43 hab. | 70-82 € ind. / 86-110 € dob. | Reserva: 943-60-80-52 / Booking (link is external)

(2) Ibiri
Albergue de Izarbide
32 plazas |
12 euros | Cena comunitaria
(3) Markina
Albergue Convento del Carmen
28+ plazas |
Donativo | Solo microondas
Albergue Pitis
12 plazas |
12-15 euros (d) | Cocina de uso libre
Albergue Intxauspe
20 plazas |
12 euros | Cenas
Otros alojamientos:
Hostal Vega: C. Abesua, 2 | 12 hab. | Reserva: 946-16-60-15

(4) Etxebarria
Otros alojamientos:
Pensión Txomin Ostatua: C. Erberea, 12 | A 2 km de Markina | 3 hab. | 28-35 € ind. / 40-45 € dob. / 55-60 € trip. | Reserva: 680-38-49-28

Falcon..
Can you post a link to the site you quoted?
I start the Norte in a couple weeks. That looks like a site that covers accommodations well.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Casa de augusto, his daughter treated my son and I like family
Me too!!!!!
He was a camino angel to me!
I had the place to myself....
I so wish I had gone into the church with the two rocks at the alter in this town....

Thank you for the speedy reply. Everything was booked in markina so we walk to the monastery in zan.
Great experience,
Thank you

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The convent in Merkina was one of the best nights of rest I had along the camino. The priest and nun who were acting as hospitalieros were so nice to us. A camino friend who decided to walk despite being low on money was helped out with a free meal and financial support on the good wishes of the hospitalieros. We were also gifted with a very funny experience of the priest being incredibly strict with lights out time as in our room we were still giggling at lights out time. He literally turned the light off the in the room and patrolled us with a flashlight if he heard a giggle. It was really funny.

That said, the Monastery you are on your way to is fantastic and quite old (I think around the 12th century). It is a very peaceful and beautiful place. One of my favorite spots on the camino. Very few people I knew had the chance to stay overnight here as the guides all stop in Markina- lucky you! The very friendly monks will feed you there- hoooraaay! :)

I spent some nice quiet time in the chapel there (attached photo). :)

Attachments

• IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Intxauspe! They were very nice, and drove me into the pueblo for dinner.
Intxauspe, absolutely. Lovely garden with lawn chairs to rest on. And you have the option to go the "Albergue" way or 'Pension". Lovely people and property. More of a B&B than an albergue.

Me too!!!!!
He was a camino angel to me!
I had the place to myself....
I so wish I had gone into the church with the two rocks at the alter in this town....
My experience at Agosto's was completely different. The daughter was overbearing , loud, and rude. Whoever the man was was totally uninterested in being hospitable. There is only one bathroom -- which contains the only shower and toilet -- for the 17 crowded beds and the owner and his family. Probably the worst thing though was the fact that the entire place was quite dirty and appeared as if it hadn't been cleaned in a very long while.

All in all, my worst albergue experience in both my walks on the northern way and I am sorry that I paid attention to the above favorable posts. Agosto's may be good at promoting, with all the colorful posters, but the albergue itself is poorly run and in my opinion should be avoided if possible.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have stayed at the albergue in San Vicente de la Barquerra twice, 1st time in 2010 and 2nd in 2012. Luis the hospitalero has a reputation for being grumpy, the 1st time it was a really connecting event for me to the Camino, the hospitality, the communal meal and many other things made me realise that this was something special and not just 30 days in Spain walking. The 2nd time I was a little wary of staying there, I try not to recreate ideal situations and let the spontaneity that created the 1st time weave other moments in different ways, however it was raining so I ended up there instead of Serdio. What an awful time I had, all I could see was Luis's negative points and general grumpiness. So what is the truth to that Albergue and Luis? It was the state of my mind at the time that was the reality, what emotions were flowing through me and I was identifying with I projected on to him.

I have stayed at the albergue in San Vicente de la Barquerra twice, 1st time in 2010 and 2nd in 2012. So what is the truth to that Albergue and Luis? It was the state of my mind at the time that was the reality, what emotions were flowing through me and I was identifying with I projected on to him.

Mikevasey, it's not you, it's him. Miseble grouch, barking orders right left and center. Actually, this albergue no longer shows up on the Eroski site, so perhaps it has been closed for a good cleaning and may reopen with an hospitalero that offers a smile and hospitality? Can't help but feel bad for Luis, because it cannot be fun to go through life with that outlook on things, but really, I will never go back there as long as he is in charge. Oh, and this is the only albergue in 4 walks where I did not shower: it was so bad that I was not about to step in one of those showers. Thankfully it had been a cold and rainy day so I was not too sweaty and smelly ;00

I have a feeling he's asked for it to be removed, when it was on Eroski there was a lot of comments from Catalan pilgrims about bigotry by him, it could be self fulfilling, yes he would make comments but he is not shy in playing a little dictator if he feels people have categorised him as such. Also seen him as very generous and giving, he alternates that is the problem for him.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.