• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accomodation not on Gronze

skevin

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept/Oct 2015 - SJPP to SdC
Hi,

Anyone have a way to find a list of accom on the Camino de Madrid that is not on Grozne? thank you

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi,

Anyone have a way to find a list of accom on the Camino de Madrid that is not on Grozne? thank you

Gronze is the most up to date imho.

Good alternatives are Mundicamino ( they have albergues and hospedajes listed ).
Unfortunately the Eroski site does not cover the Madrid yet.

And of course the wonderful site from Ray Y Rosa...

Happy planning!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi,

I use Wise Pilgrim apps for my Caminos.
They are terrific with all the information you could possibly need.
Very easy to use.

The Buen Camino app has many caminos on it with towns, services and places to sleep as. well as maps that you can download with a gps. They do cover the Camino Madrid. I have used this app on 3 or 4 different caminos and they do a very good job. It is free to download.

Hi @skevin, I agree with all the sources quoted in the previous posts.

If you're having difficulty finding accommodation in a particular place, google maps can also be helpful. There might be a hotel or other accommodation a kilometre or two from the Camino. I've found that useful on a few routes.

Happy planning and Buen Camino.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
They are terrifying with all the information you could possibly need.
Very easy to use.
Thank you. I’m hoping for a tech free / phone free / digital detox !

Is that free ?
Depending on the Camino route you choose it is free or less than one pound.
I swear by Wise Pilgrim.
The amount of information is superb.
Accommodation details, route information maps...in short everything you could possibly need.
Just go to your app store and select your chosen Wise Pilgrim route.
The Buen Camino app is also very good...I used it before I discovered Wise Pilgrim.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you. I’m hoping for a tech free / phone free / digital detox !

There may be more I don't know

They are terrific with all the information you could possibly need.
Very easy to use.
I may be wrong but I do not think that Wise Pilgrim has a Camino Madrid app. I know there is a guide online and I assume a guidebook. I bought the Wise Pilgrim app bundle years ago and i don't remember seeing an app.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.